Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model X PLAID withHW4? (produced on Feb 2 and will be delivered on Mar 9) CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is my Model X HW4? (produced on Feb 2 and will be delivered on Mar 9) CA
I just received this message on the afternoon of Mar 4

Order Update

Tesla Vision

Your Model X will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.

• Informative
Reactions: bruce3 and Npate2
Just got PleiadeS, Model S Plaid produced 04/2023 , and it seems right now it has no AI Vision or USS parking assist, so I have to rely on my good old eyeballs to park. Without engaging Tesla Cam I can only see rear and side cameras so really missing some form of sensor for the front. Hoping a soon-to-be software update resolves this (on the other hand, the bumpers look cleaner now :) ). On a positive note, Steam runs some good games, and the latest update does allow me to control wipers from the steering wheel almost as well as on my 23 year old Boxster S when the auto sensors fail. :)