Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get Hannshow. It's promoted by some Youtubers but it's actually a faulty product. They managed to get a hold of a prototype by EV Offer (Tesla Offer) and had a number of issues. The box itself is not water proof as they claimed. There's also a safety issue with Hannshow.
Hmmm... What's the safety issue? Two days ago I just installed the Hansshow V2 that I got on a group buy back in January. It went fairly well and seems to work fine.

Hmmm... What's the safety issue? Two days ago I just installed the Hansshow V2 that I got on a group buy back in January. It went fairly well and seems to work fine.
So the Hansshow ones can be tricked to indicate the hood is closed when it is not. That's because they didn't have a proper sensor that indicates the hood is actually closed.

When you drive on the freeway when the hood is not closed and latched, the hood will fly up. There's been a couple of incidents where that happened.

I don't know if they fixed it but you can try it. When you click to close the hood, put something to interrupt the hood closing. The Tesla indicator will show that it is closed and latched even though it is not. If that's the case, you need to call Hansshow immediately as that's a safety issue.

Just FYI we had one hood fly up event with a Tesla/EVoffer mark 4.0 frunk. No indications that the frunk was open so not really sure what the deal was. The struts eventually stopped closing and had alignment issues which caused the frunk to eat the wiper arms. Ended up sending it back. It was a cool product but not worth the risk IMHO. EVoffer was nice and tried sending me a new ECU which did not fix. They did offer to send new struts but at that point I just elected for a refund and went back to stock.

They recently sent out some email about the landing feature (it is interesting that while I had the mark 4.0 with landing check I don't believe the manual was updated to include the information about testing the landing check functionality, so this may have been my issue. It has since been added to their install manual):

Dear Customer,

Our Model Y Electric Frunk MARK 4 has a landing check feature. We found that a lot of our customers did not know about this feature and did not test it after install, which we mentioned in our installation video and manual. We strongly recommend you to do the test to make sure it works on your car.

Due to car variation, we found that the landing check might not work on some Model Y. For that case you will need to update the firmware to F28. We changed the way to perform the landing check on firmware F28 for those who fail the landing check.

Please be reminded that the F28 software is only built for MARK 4.1 control units with hardware version v1500. The label can be found at the back of the control unit. If you cannot find the label or the label does not look the same, please contact Tech Support (https://t.me/evoffer) for assistance.

Last edited:
Just FYI we had one hood fly up event with a Tesla/EVoffer mark 4.0 frunk. No indications that the frunk was open so not really sure what the deal was. The struts eventually stopped closing and had alignment issues which caused the frunk to eat the wiper arms. Ended up sending it back. It was a cool product but not worth the risk IMHO. EVoffer was nice and tried sending me a new ECU which did not fix. They did offer to send new struts but at that point I just elected for a refund and went back to stock.

They recently sent out some email about the landing feature (it is interesting that while I had the mark 4.0 with landing check I don't believe the manual was updated to include the information about testing the landing check functionality, so this may have been my issue. It has since been added to their install manual):

Dear Customer,

Our Model Y Electric Frunk MARK 4 has a landing check feature. We found that a lot of our customers did not know about this feature and did not test it after install, which we mentioned in our installation video and manual. We strongly recommend you to do the test to make sure it works on your car.

Due to car variation, we found that the landing check might not work on some Model Y. For that case you will need to update the firmware to F28. We changed the way to perform the landing check on firmware F28 for those who fail the landing check.

Please be reminded that the F28 software is only built for MARK 4.1 control units with hardware version v1500. The label can be found at the back of the control unit. If you cannot find the label or the label does not look the same, please contact Tech Support (https://t.me/evoffer) for assistance.
I received the same email and did the landing check and it failed. I ordered a micro SD card so I can update the firmware, I suspect that will fix the issue.