Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark and door controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried out the perpendicular auto park feature today and it worked fantastically. One question to those who have used it. After the parking process was completed, the center stack screen displayed the normal door opening overlay window but the falcon wing door buttons were grayed out. Also, while the driver and passenger buttons were usable, the driver side door didn't auto close when I walked away. Has any one else experienced this? Am I missing an autopark caveat somewhere? Thanks.

I noticed the same thing, but I realized I did not put the car in park myself. The car parked, but I needed to push park on the drive column after the autopark was done. Once I did that the doors became available again.

Thanks, this is probably it. I didn't know you still had to put the car into park after autopark was completed and I don't see it mentioned in the user manual. I'll give it a try and verify it. Thanks!

My autoparking never worked, i was told that it take time to calibrate. I have driven 7K but still Auto parking ( Both parallel and perpendiclar parking) does not work. Any advise. I am planning to schedule a quick trip to rickville service center.