TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopark and door controls

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Dazureus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I just tried out the perpendicular auto park feature today and it worked fantastically. One question to those who have used it. After the parking process was completed, the center stack screen displayed the normal door opening overlay window but the falcon wing door buttons were grayed out. Also, while the driver and passenger buttons were usable, the driver side door didn't auto close when I walked away. Has any one else experienced this? Am I missing an autopark caveat somewhere? Thanks.

2. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

My auto parked worked for the 1st time today. I had the same greyed out buttons on the FWD you mentioned. I turned off the auto open/close feature for now until Tesla gets the bugs worked out.

3. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

So maybe disabling the Falcon wing doors after an autopark is intentional? I didn't see anything mentioned in the manual and I can't think of a reason why this would be a feature.-

4. cclaygo

cclaygo Member

I noticed the same thing, but I realized I did not put the car in park myself. The car parked, but I needed to push park on the drive column after the autopark was done. Once I did that the doors became available again.

• Informative x 2
  5. cclaygo

cclaygo Member

Also, autopark with perpendicular spaces is pretty cool, but it backs in. So better use this when nobody is behind you!

6. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

Thanks, this is probably it. I didn't know you still had to put the car into park after autopark was completed and I don't see it mentioned in the user manual. I'll give it a try and verify it. Thanks!

7. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

I thought the vehicle puts the gear in Park after the Auto Park but that's not the case. The FWD is ghosted until you hit the Park button.

8. sams123

sams123 New Member

My autoparking never worked, i was told that it take time to calibrate. I have driven 7K but still Auto parking ( Both parallel and perpendiclar parking) does not work. Any advise. I am planning to schedule a quick trip to rickville service center.