Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New M3 R AWD collected yesterday, Version 4.18 installed on delivery. Reversing sensors and distance warnings (in inches, how quaint) seem to be very accurate.
I've had auto park on previous cars, Evoque, Mercedes C Class, used it once but it is painfully slow and in my view not worth using. There is no wat i'm going to pay £3,400 for the Enhanced Autopilot.

Is anyone else having parking assist issues please ?

Had Model 3 LR since middle of March. Done about 3K miles in it. Very happy overall.
In the last couple of weeks, Park Assist warning message been appearing and it's not working.
Contacted Tesla, told me to clean sensors etc and report back.
Did this and fault disappeared but keeps coming back again whether I clean them or not.
Booked in for service - Tesla have refused it as saying its a not a hardware fault and a known software bug and I'll have to wait for a firmware update.

Is this what owning a Tesla is like ? 50K for a car and one of the main functions you've paid for is not working so you'll just have to wait for a update ? I am not sure how they get away with fobbing people off like this. Anyone else had similar experience please ?
Exactly the same feeling. My first drive in brand new tesla 3 and parking sensors didn't work! I wanted to go for range rover, but believe me auto parking was definitely a big push!

It's of very limited help anyway: it only picks up viable spaces 50% of the time, and also often suggests spaces like between shrubs and things like that. Because it needs such a slow "look" you get cars behind which stop you reversing by the time it "sees" a space and you react.
Forget about it as a usable feature in real life: it works in a quiet parking lot some of the time when there's no-one around but otherwise useless in the real world.