Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 1 - Reads and Adjusts Automatically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody who shorted TSLA shares - Elon knows who you are - no update for you lol

Only realistic possibility that I can think of - degree of confidence in precise location. I’ve now noticed the precision required for operation many times. I’ve also noticed those incredibly annoying TACC disengagements on new sections of the Pacific Motorway are a thing of the past, despite me not having updated for months.

This was taken on the same day as my previous video, (more blurry - sorry, and why I didn't post it then).
After leaving Port Fairy towards Warrnambool, the TACC automatically increased the set point to 100 km/hr from 80 km/hr at the posted sign. Hope you can see that clearly enough ....

I haven't tested this exhaustively but it appears that the Autopilot needs to be engaged on the highway (eg. 100 km/hr) prior to reaching a speed restriction sign and that there be no disengagements until leaving the built up area for it to return to 100 km/hr highway speed. It didn't appear to work if there was a disengagement within the built up area of the town.

Reactions: Tension
I got Jan'15 S85, mine didn't step up, but it stepped down to 80 & then 60 kph, I been getting "Autopilot Autosteer limited 100 kph" had cruise set to 105 kph, when I engaged Autopilot, the set speed went to 100kph, I have v8.1 (2018.36.2 ac4a215) firmware.

I got Jan'15 S85, mine didn't step up, but it stepped down to 80 & then 60 kph, I been getting "Autopilot Autosteer limited 100 kph" had cruise set to 105 kph, when I engaged Autopilot, the set speed went to 100kph, I have v8.1 (2018.36.2 ac4a215) firmware.
I believe if you adjust the setting to +5 km/hr then Autopilot allows you to go 5 km/hr above the speed restriction signs.

I believe if you adjust the setting to +5 km/hr then Autopilot allows you to go 5 km/hr above the speed restriction signs.
I had it on zero at the time, I did change it and it does as you say.
Another clip, this time reading temporary speed restriction signs.
Would this support the camera reading the sign rather than GPS?

Also when going through small towns, if you keep Autosteer engaged, the car will speed up to your previous set speed as it sees the signs after going through the town .