Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot 3 announced for next year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My concern is that Tesla might load more advanced features, like the upcoming ramp-to-ramp, into FSD, leaving EAP as a lane following system.

That’s what I expect. EAP will probably not gain a lot more functionality from now on. They say on the website it’s a level 2 system.

On the other hand they still promise a lot of things we don’t have, like changing lanes w/o driver input, or exerting the freeway. Not sure how that will work w/o level 3.

That’s my biggest problem with EAP and FSD. Both are so vague and nobody can really tell where the line between those two is. That’s even worse than the stupid naming.

What will a “full self driving feature” be? Isn’t full self driving a state you are either in, or you aren’t? The car can fully drive itself, or it can’t. A child can walk, or it can’t. Sure it can do it better, or worse. But there are no walking features a child can have. “Oh no, she can’t fully walk yet, but she has already developed some full walking features!”

They have such a great product "as is" that it makes no sense to me why they oversell AP and FSD

7577D892-7779-4E4C-BF1C-9EF0AE1F88E1.gif

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and Canuck