Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update stuck at 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 model S, been trying to update it for a while but no success the green bar is completed 100% but nothing happens after that, I’ve rebooted the vehicle by pressing the buttons on the steering wheel, with and without the brake it didn’t work. Called Tesla they said it looks fine, and asked me to bring it to the service center if it didn’t work. I don’t a service center near by. I’m considering disconnecting the 12v battery and the Loop for like 30 minutes to an hour, do you think that would work?, does it cause any issues to the vehicle ?
IMG_4301.jpeg

Help requests like this would So often be more efficient if the OP would share the Details of the issue. Meaning, after you started the update did you start mad rebooting the car 10 minutes, 2 hours, 10 hours after it hit 100%? It often takes Time for these large packets to unpack and install. Being impatient (hot rebooting) often creates half the problem but as you never completed the story one can only imagine.

It’s pretty outdated version:v11.1 2023.2.301 … reinstalling the software on the service mode won’t cause any problems?
Service Mode reinstalls what you already have, so it shouldn’t cause a problem. The worst thing that should happen is that you’ll lose the pending update, but you’ll get another one at some point.

The version you have is pretty old — how long have had the car? You’ll get more frequent updates if you change the Software Update Preference shown in your screenshot to Advanced.

Service Mode reinstalls what you already have, so it shouldn’t cause a problem. The worst thing that should happen is that you’ll lose the pending update, but you’ll get another one at some point.

The version you have is pretty old — how long have had the car? You’ll get more frequent updates if you change the Software Update Preference shown in your screenshot to Advanced.
the car was not used for few months for some reasons, I have since about two months. I’ve just reinstalled the software, turned off Wi-Fi, will give it a try tomorrow morning and will update you.

In case if this doesn’t work, do you think it’s a good idea to disconnect both 12v and the loop for couple of hours , full power shut down ?

There's a small chance you have the same problem I had, because mine was in storage during the security license renewal period it missed a crucial update and meant it couldn't self-verify any future update packages. I had to take it to a service centre and it was five hours of tech fiddling, a senior technician had to remote in from another country. All sorted now. Hopefully yours isn't this but just letting you know it's possible.
Raising a ticket will get them to force an OTA update which might clear it.

the car was not used for few months for some reasons, I have since about two months. I’ve just reinstalled the software, turned off Wi-Fi, will give it a try tomorrow morning and will update you.

In case if this doesn’t work, do you think it’s a good idea to disconnect both 12v and the loop for couple of hours , full power shut down ?
Shutting the car down is not likely to help. I guess you have a good reason for turning off WiFi, but normally that doesn't speed things up.

Ya often it sticks at 10, 50 and 100 % then after like 10-30 minutes it continues. I tried the soft boot that helped a little but have yet to try service mode idea……cause so far all my updates finished on their own.

2023 model S, been trying to update it for a while but no success the green bar is completed 100% but nothing happens after that, I’ve rebooted the vehicle by pressing the buttons on the steering wheel, with and without the brake it didn’t work. Called Tesla they said it looks fine, and asked me to bring it to the service center if it didn’t work. I don’t a service center near by. I’m considering disconnecting the 12v battery and the Loop for like 30 minutes to an hour, do you think that would work?, does it cause any issues to the vehicle ? View attachment 1014991
I have an identical issue with my 2023 Model X. Were you able to solve this and if so, how?