Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Cameras Unavailable - Features may be restored on next drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Tesla service visiting me today, regarding the repeaters going dark randomly. They said that the logs are showing that only the right repeater is broken so they will only replace that one. So they did ... only that they've used the V1 type instead of the newer model that was on my car ... so now I have turn signal light bleed in the right one. Damn it !

I've booked another service visit so they can fix it.

I'm still getting brief, intermittent camera failures. Since this all started right after a firmware update, I'm wondering if this is a software bug or a camera issue. If it happens when I'm backing up, it's both side cameras together. I've never seen one side dark and the other side working. The backup camera is unrelated to the side cameras. They work or fail together, but the backup camera works or fails on its own.

So far <knock on wood!> the failures have been brief and functionality returns within a few moments, or a few minutes at most.

Finally, my problem was solved. I just picked up my car from the local Tesla service.
Both cameras have been replaced with the latest rev-D and now I have a proper night visibility w/o any glare from the turn signals.

repeaters.gif

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
Is sun glare a big issue. I ask as tonight kine complained but the sun was pretty low and bright and we were driving towards it when there was an issue. I'll check again tomorrow when I go out, but would be nice to know.