Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Change on March 18?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
right now, there is no longer an "enhanced autopilot" option.. Tesla may change their mind, but for right now, its either the reduced functionality Autopilot, and the "full self driving" option.

So, yes, increased pricing with no additional functionality, but I dont know if I read autopilot was going to be 5k. I read that on a new car autopilot is 3k and FSD is 5k (total 8k)

On an existing car autopilot is 2k currently and FSD is 3k total 5k) That is changing on monday. What pricing for "autopilot" are you talking about going back to 5k?

Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed that Autopilot pricing is "reverting to normal" — meaning the prices go back up after they've been lowered recently — next Monday.

I guess I thought "normal" was $5K EAP, $3K FSD at time of order just prior to the $35K announcement changes. I can't look back now, but wasn't that the case just prior to the $35K announcement?

I believe the new order price is staying at $3k for Autopilot. It wouldn’t make sense for Autopilot to go up to $5k on new orders given that it now has less features than Enhanced.

The price is going up for those that had a delivery at the time Enhanced Autopilot was available.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed that Autopilot pricing is "reverting to normal" — meaning the prices go back up after they've been lowered recently — next Monday.

I guess I thought "normal" was $5K EAP, $3K FSD at time of order just prior to the $35K announcement changes. I can't look back now, but wasn't that the case just prior to the $35K announcement?

The only discounted pricing was for people who had purchased a car already (either with EAP, or without). Do you fall into that group? If so, then your choice depends on whether you purchased anything with the car or not. If you didnt, then the reduced pricing for purchasing the new AP + FSD of 5k total for both is going away.

If you already had EAP then your reduced pricing of 2k for FSD is supposed to go away.

There is no EAP purchase anymore (enhanced autopilot). Its "autopilot" and full self driving, with some features from EAP now in FSD. I know, I know, clear as mud... but in any case if you dont have a car already, you didnt have a discount on these features, it was 3k +5k. If you do, you need to decide if you will purchase at the lower price or watch it go up (and possibly get reduced in the future, or go up in the future, because ALL manufactures of ALL GOODS both lower and raise pricing due to their own determined business needs).