Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Autopilot Features Limited - please contact Tesla service if this persists"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, as I've mentioned, my S75D is a little over a week old; I have had a lot of questions in this forum, most of them resolved (or reassured) pretty quickly..

The other day I got a brief message of "Vehicle Surround View Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." It did, so I did contact them.

They pulled the logs and said they'd have Mobile Service reach out to me within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) - unfortunately that was early Friday so because of the weekends and holidays I probably won't hear anything until mid to late next week even to schedule the appointment.

That original message went away for about a day; now a new one has come back:

The "problem" has progressed to "Autopilot Features Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." I've updated my ticket via email on this; I've also noticed that the car won't see any vehicles to the left (driver's) side.

So I presume one or both of the left side cameras are out. I've tried rebooting, and shutting down and waiting. Seems to be pretty much solidly persistent this time.

I am hoping that this is something that mobile service can fix; but while I've seen people having the "Vehicle Surround View Limited" problem, I can't find any reference to "Autopilot Features Limited" out there on the internet.

Anyone have any experience with this second error? Hopefully I'm not in store for much trouble... and hopefully they won't say "known issue, wait for a software update" :p

Looks like someone else got that message today on a Model X. How long did it take for that message to disappear in your case? I tried a full shutdown and reboot; I did report it to Tesla but maybe mine will go away too... (here's hoping)...

Maybe... I have a feeling here that a camera (or two) on the left side is out... Was about a 30 minute drive home from where I was and it didn't clear; did it clear while you were driving? Or was there at least a start/stop?

No stops. All three occurrences were on the same 30 minute drive. Nothing since. BTW, this has happened a few times before but they always eventually cleared themselves.

Interesting; while I hope mine does clear on its own, I do wonder if it could be something like an intermittent wiring harness issue on one of the cameras, since while this message is up i'm positive that AP isn't seeing any cars to my left...

Another guy over in the Model X forum seems to be having the same problem.. I guess we'll see what the end resolution is for both of us...

It's probably a different phenomena but I had this message too recently driving in a tunnel where the car gets fogged due to the temperature difference. While the windshield and its cameras getting cleared by the wipers the other cameras remain fogged I assume. The message dissapeared after a while when left the tunnel. Clean view of the cameras seems to me a topic anyway, especially the back camera which detects cars since 9.0. In wet conditions the indication of cars in the dashscreen turns mad.

I had the same issue with the limited autopilot message today (second day with 2018.49.12.1) and it seemed like the two rear facing repeater cameras weren’t working. Maybe they needed further calibration for Navigate on Autopilot. By the time I went to the grocery store and got back to the car, the message had gone away on its own.

So, as I've mentioned, my S75D is a little over a week old; I have had a lot of questions in this forum, most of them resolved (or reassured) pretty quickly..

The other day I got a brief message of "Vehicle Surround View Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." It did, so I did contact them.

They pulled the logs and said they'd have Mobile Service reach out to me within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) - unfortunately that was early Friday so because of the weekends and holidays I probably won't hear anything until mid to late next week even to schedule the appointment.

That original message went away for about a day; now a new one has come back:

The "problem" has progressed to "Autopilot Features Limited - Please contact Tesla service if this persists." I've updated my ticket via email on this; I've also noticed that the car won't see any vehicles to the left (driver's) side.

So I presume one or both of the left side cameras are out. I've tried rebooting, and shutting down and waiting. Seems to be pretty much solidly persistent this time.

I am hoping that this is something that mobile service can fix; but while I've seen people having the "Vehicle Surround View Limited" problem, I can't find any reference to "Autopilot Features Limited" out there on the internet.

Anyone have any experience with this second error? Hopefully I'm not in store for much trouble... and hopefully they won't say "known issue, wait for a software update" :p

This has happened to me about 3 times in the last month. Every time it went away the next time I drove my car.

So magically, somehow, mine went away too. Don't want to jinx it but it's been gone for 2 days now. Mobile Service apparently still wants to replace my left hand b-pillar camera, so maybe there were some small intermittent blips that caused these errors to show up.

(I could see Autopilot 'safing' for a while and shutting down lane changes on that side if there was so much as a split second outage of that camera....)

Today I got the same message 3 times in less than 15Km of travel, then it went away and did not return for the rest of the trip.
All 3 instances where in long tunnels (more than 2Km each). Maybe a problem with radar bouncing inside tunnel walls?
AGAIN!
I was on the same stretch of road (going the other direction) where there are 4 tunnels in a row, ranging in length from 1,5km to 3.8km, joined by very short pieces of road in the open (from 300m to 1.0km) and in all 4 tunnels I got the message "Autopilot features limited - contact Tesla if it persist", starting roughly after 1km in each tunnel and magically disappearing as soon as I was in the open air again.
So, IMHO there are 2 factors at play:
a) radar bouncing off the walls in strange ways and not being correctly recognized by AP
b) cameras getting confused by the continuous walls on the sides, mistaking them for extremely long lorries.
It could be any of the 2, or a combination of them.

I had this happen. A few times on the same trip in Canada. It disabled NoA when it happened. Auto steer still worked.

Attachments

• 6309AEC4-08F9-4199-8782-9EFBBCA90247.jpeg
    6309AEC4-08F9-4199-8782-9EFBBCA90247.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 80