Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Frustration

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
San Luis Obispo
I've noticed that in Autopilot while driving on the highway in the cruising lane my Model 3 tends to hug the left side of the lane, even when a vehicle in the passing lane is hugging the right side of their lane. My ultrasonic sensors and cameras see the other vehicle, yet stay hugging the left side of my lane. You'd think Autopilot since it sees that other vehicle, it would move over in my lane, as to not be so close to that vehicle. Often times I have to disengage Autopilot because being that close to another vehicle makes me uneasy. I've probably sent Tesla 100 bug reports about this issue. Seems like this would be a priority and easy to fix.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
San Luis Obispo
Not happening for most of us, perhaps consider a service appointment? People have had camera positioning issues.

I don't think I need a service appointment because it doesn't happen all the time and they most likely won't be able to replicate it. But a lot of people have complained about their Model 3 favoring the left side of a lane.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

mptpro

May 30, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
This is a common "bug" in the newest update. Autopilot alighns the car a bit to the left, even in middle lanes. Has nothing to do with the car infront of you. Assuming it will be fixed soon.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC