Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot included can I get a discount now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my model 3 Monday (4/15) but I see that Tesla now is including autopilot as standard. I purchased the autopilot + fsd for 8000$. Since I haven’t taken delivery of the car do you think Tesla will waive the autopilot for me? Can I refuse delivery and take delivery of another with it reflecting the new price?

Picking up my model 3 Monday (4/15) but I see that Tesla now is including autopilot as standard. I purchased the autopilot + fsd for 8000$. Since I haven’t taken delivery of the car do you think Tesla will waive the autopilot for me? Can I refuse delivery and take delivery of another with it reflecting the new price?

You can refuse delivery but it will cost you the $2.5k. Since the effective price of AP is now $2,000 (SR+ is $39.5k) it's not worth it.

Yep, for sure they will put $3000 on the hood when you go to collect the car. /jk

Their failure to do so would IMHO not constitute valid grounds to refuse delivery, but they may offer some salve in the form of freebies (6 months supercharging?) to those feeling slightly burned as in your position.

The official line will be no, but since you have not taken delivery you have some leverage. Also since you already purchased FSD I think they should cut you some discounts.

Regardless, it sounds like you'll soon be enjoying your Model 3, don't wait as it's an amazing car.

I’m not sure that they would try to keep the $2,500 if you cancel the order because you can always take delivery and then return the vehicle for a full refund, which would cost them more than letting you out of the contract.

Why would they keep the 2500? Isn't the money fully refundable if you don't like the car?

Why would they keep the 2500? Isn't the money fully refundable if you don't like the car?

There was language in the purchase agreement that stated that if you cancel the order after a VIN has been assigned you forfeit the $2,500 deposit. There were some rumors that a revised version of the agreement eliminated this clause but I have not been able to confirm this. The reason it makes no sense is that nobody would forfeit the $2,500 to Tesla rather than taking delivery of the car and then immediately returning it to get 100% of your money back including the $2,500 deposit. So while in theory Tesla has the right to keep the $2,500 on a cancelled order, in practice it makes no sense for them to incur the costs of letting you keep the car for a week and then bring it back for a full refund.

There was language in the purchase agreement that stated that if you cancel the order after a VIN has been assigned you forfeit the $2,500 deposit. There were some rumors that a revised version of the agreement eliminated this clause but I have not been able to confirm this. The reason it makes no sense is that nobody would forfeit the $2,500 to Tesla rather than taking delivery of the car and then immediately returning it to get 100% of your money back including the $2,500 deposit. So while in theory Tesla has the right to keep the $2,500 on a cancelled order, in practice it makes no sense for them to incur the costs of letting you keep the car for a week and then bring it back for a full refund.
_________

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have read differing information on the 2500, but Elon tweeted that the price of the car is full refundable, if you don't like it. Based on the tweet and Tesla.com, they should refund 2500

They should refund you the difference. I have spoken to my delivery advisor and he agreed that the price difference will be refunded. They are not sure how and when. In my case, I have already paid in full and I am taking delivery on the 16th, so I am expecting a refund. Make sure you sign the amended purchase agreement, reflecting the reduced price. If they don't give you the amended agreement at the time of delivery, just refuse to take delivery.

Got an updated MVPA for next week’s delivery reflecting the updated pricing. Amazing customer service!

77E015B5-6967-4F5D-8919-52539602503C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333