TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot Increased in price

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by cookielovers, Aug 27, 2016.

1. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

I was reading a posting in the main tesla site in which members mentioned the price of autopilot had increased by $500 without any mention from Tesla. I thought I would check the tesla uk site an it's true the price has now increased in the uk by £400 to £2600 or £3k if enabled after receipt of the car. On my order placed at the beginning of August it was £2200 so looks like I got the order just in time. I imagine the increase in cost is for the autopilot 2.0 hardware. If anyone has any thoughts let me know.

2. Rohan

Rohan New Member

I didn't notice. Ordered my MS90D mid August to take advantage of preferential financing options. seemed like the price hadn't changed for a while.

3. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

Yeah I not clear what day in August the price went up. I just know it happened in the last week. It's interesting that they kept it quiet. It's not even due to currency rates as the USA had the increase too?

4. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Went up last Thursday, also base price for Model 60 up by £100. New PCP and GMFV 60 uplift Saturday morning, matching July pricing.

5. Sumon

Sumon Member

Based on the info from Electrek the price increase for autopilot (600 euro) could only be for 2.0 hardware.
    Any ideas on the retrofit price ?

6. Dan43

Dan43 Member

This has been discussed widely, no one is that sure a retrofit option will be available, with many suggestions and ideas but naturally no one knows, its a guess at best.
    AP 1.0 was not a retrofit then I believe and nothing suggests AP 2.0 will be either, except Model X seems to have extra space for lots and lenses at the front, nothing at the rear.

7. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

For threads I have read it seems that AP2.0 is very unlikely to work with current 7.x software, so would need Version 8 ... and thus new hardware could not be released (i.e. fitted to vehicles "before formal announcement") without Version 8.0. Thus seems unlikely that this has anything to do with AP2; people may have advanced orders on 9 month lead time (at old price); people with existing orders without AP, i.e. planning to upgrade after purchase [to save tax], are being told that old AP price will be honoured for them, etc.

I reckon its "just a price increase" representing the market value for the product that Tesla think it will stand.