Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot issues after last update

Do you have the same issues with 2019.16.3.2

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X 100D with software version 2019.16.3.2

After the last update I have a lot of issues with the autopilot function:
  • When driving in Autopilot, I can no longer change lanes when turning on the indicator. Instead I get a message 'Lane change inhibited'. This makes the autopilot virtually unusable
  • When in cruise control, after overtaking a car and going back to the first lane, the car (frequently but not always) slows down for no apparent reason. This results in cutting of the overtaken car...
  • When approaching a slower car, the cruise control slows down much earlier, even when distance is set to 1. There is still a lot of space between my car and that in front of me and makes it much harder to change lanes if other cars are in the left lane
  • The car brakes frequently for parked cars, even when the car is in a clearly marked space
  • When passing a car on a road with no lane markings, the car brakes frequently but only when the other car is almost completely passed...
  • When driving and no obstacle whatsoever is visible, the car brakes from time to time
I did not have these issues before the latest update

Is this 'normal' behaviour for this update? Or is there an issue with my car?

Hello,

Model S with 2019.20.4.2

For the first issue I would suggest a quick tap on the indicator and the car will change line by itself when able.

For the other issues I regret to say that I think I have all of them since 2019 updates, and I can say that I cannot trust AP anymore, till the point that in its present state I consider AP dangerous, at least in my car.

I have contacted my SC for a calibration of the cameras with no luck until now.

Hello,

Model S with 2019.20.4.2

For the first issue I would suggest a quick tap on the indicator and the car will change line by itself when able.

For the other issues I regret to say that I think I have all of them since 2019 updates, and I can say that I cannot trust AP anymore, till the point that in its present state I consider AP dangerous, at least in my car.

I have contacted my SC for a calibration of the cameras with no luck until now.
Thx Vescrig!

Model X with 2019.20.4.2

Our X will brake hard when approaching an overpass, about 50% of the time. The lower the overpass the more likely.
It will LURCH to the right at some bumps; either potholes or entering and exiting a bridge. This is scary!
It will slow down when switching back to my lane after passing. Could cause an accident (get rear-ended) or a road rage incident.

I use the assist, but watch it like hawk. I really don't expect my X will ever be able to "self drive".

Different thread, but we have all the front end issues that I have read about on this site.