Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Autopilot Lane Change [need EAP or FSD for this feature]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But not on every road and even then it’s quite nuanced whether it will do it on one stretch of road that might look the same as another stretch.
What do you mean?

Even before I had Beta, FSD (regular/EAP) will still change lanes with turn signal on every road unless there's something in the way or it feels something is in the way. There are random times it can't or just doesn't, but I'm not aware of any road limitations.

Of course FSD Beta works everywhere, when it works.

Edit: You are in the UK, it may be different.

What do you mean?

Even before I had Beta, FSD (regular/EAP) will still change lanes with turn signal on every road unless there's something in the way or it feels something is in the way. There are random times it can't or just doesn't, but I'm not aware of any road limitations.

Of course FSD Beta works everywhere, when it works.

Edit: You are in the UK, it may be different.
Yea, I haven't used AP/wFSD Capability in a couple of years but I remember it would change lanes anytime you turned on the signal.

Thank you. Unless I’m using it wrong I find the auto pilot completely useless on the highway without lane change, unless you are the only car on the road. I guess it’s a teaser to get you to purchase the fsd mode.
Harrisburg PA south on RT 81
AP for 500 miles, all I did was nag management
AmazIng experience
Totally worth it, yes if o drove more EAP and FSD might be worth it