Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

autopilot lane change updated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a thread about this this morning as I couldn't get the auto lane change to work when switching off of FSD and onto Autosteer. I guess this thread confirms it should work so I will fiddle with it again today and see if it will work for me.

I have no interest in FSD after the trial but I would like to have lane changes without it disabling AP.

What I did notice when trying to get EAP to work is I turned on the traffic light/ stop sign option and on the highway with traffic lights it was going to stop for all the green lights because there was a red light on at the same time in the left turn lane. It is obviously using the older code on the highways and I suppose this is why it was so bad. I will need to try the traffic light/stop sign feature off the highway in EAP and see if that is better.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
With FSD disabled, the traffic light control features stops at all green lights unless there’s a car in front of you. It has nothing to do with the red left turn light. You can press the throttle a bit to force the car to continue through the intersection.

With FSD disabled, the traffic light control features stops at all green lights unless there’s a car in front of you. It has nothing to do with the red left turn light. You can press the throttle a bit to force the car to continue through the intersection.
Thanks. What is the point of it if it is stopping at green lights?? I did get on the throttle right away....especially important as I was travelling at 100km/h on a busy Easter weekend highway!!

Thanks. What is the point of it if it is stopping at green lights?? I did get on the throttle right away....especially important as I was travelling at 100km/h on a busy Easter weekend highway!!
When I was on my trial, I found that you have to confirm that you want it to go through the green by tapping the accelerator quickly after it sees the green. You should then see the red stop line on the visualization change to green and the car will keep going through. The frustrating thing for me was that I'm mostly on 55 mph roads and at that speed, the car would start braking immediately upon seeing the traffic light so I'd have to be super quick to acknowledge it. Holding your foot on the pedal approaching the light didn't work; if my foot was already on the accelerator when the car saw the green light, I'd have to release the pedal completely, then tap it again.