Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a seller with a used 2018 (Oct build date) and he is original owner, and he’s say it only has autopilot (not EAP). I thought at that point the only option was to get nothing, EAP or FSD. Any body know for sure? What is an easy way for me to check (remotely - what could I ask that is more telling than what I already asked - ie. do you have EAP).

Thanks

If it's on a modern firmware version, any eAP car should have Navigate on Autopilot active - which means the Autopilot menu on the center screen should have options for it. Ask for a photo of that screen.

And you're right - the options in that timeframe were no Autopilot, eAP, and FSD.

I found a seller with a used 2018 (Oct build date) and he is original owner, and he’s say it only has autopilot (not EAP). I thought at that point the only option was to get nothing, EAP or FSD. Any body know for sure? What is an easy way for me to check (remotely - what could I ask that is more telling than what I already asked - ie. do you have EAP).

Thanks

The only scenario is if your seller didn’t buy EAP originally but paid $2k afterwards for basic AP. So such scenario is possible. Even today for people who didn’t buy EAP and/or FSD in past have option of getting basic AP for $2k.

Reactions: OCR1