Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Update for Older Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good for you. You’re rich you can afford the $10k hit and not cry about it. Not everyone is as well off as you. Consider yourself luckier.

My Model 3 cost more than 2x as much as I have ever paid for a car in the past, and it was a considerable financial commitment for me, as it is for a lot of people, to do so. I'm certainly not poor, but my financial health has nothing to do with my attitude about this.

I’m taking about FSD. NOT AP.

Then frankly your comment makes even less sense.

All I know is EAP was $5k, i paid it early. And got penalized. They offered EVERYTHING. FULL SELF DRIVING for the same price $5k. For those who did not pay $5k early.

Sure. Some people got screwed even more. But that does not make me feel any better.

Clearly there’s some issue. Because I’m not the only one complaining. There are more people than just me. And making people mad does not help Tesla in the long run. I have stopped recommending the cars already. Where as in 2018 I help sell a few cars and didn’t even get a referral bonus.

Looking at Tesla's website, everything currently included in the "pay" FSD is also included in what I paid for AP (summon, navigate on AP, auto park and lane change). So you get the same features.

Now it IS true that future features (the real FSD stuff) isn't included and I could have paid extra for that but chose not to. The fact that a newer model includes more features at the same price, is just the reality of technology. For the price I paid for my 2017 iPad I could have a new one with a larger screen, a faster processor and better battery life now, for example. Did I get screwed by Apple?

I do think Tesla should offer the FSD + HW3 upgrade to those who paid for the original AP at a lower price than $7k or $6k. We can pressure them to do so.

Reactions: Rsdavis9
I do think Tesla should offer the FSD + HW3 upgrade to those who paid for the original AP at a lower price than $7k or $6k. We can pressure them to do so.

Yes. I didn't get FSD when I configured. There was no reason a year ago to order FSD.
Now there still is no reason. EAP has every feature currently available.
I do hope we can get a small discount for FSD when new features become available.
I am an early access program tester. So maybe they will cut some deals.

As far as I see FSD is a vaporware.
Autopilot is where Tesla's is at.
You guys are all kidding yourselves.

If you take a relatively non-pejorative definition for "vaporware," you're not entirely incorrect @Leafdriver333 :p FSD is still a work in progress. I would consider any purchase now more of a pre-order than a purchase.

vaporware.png

I have EAP and I’m not set. I bought it early at $5000 when i got the car and people who didn’t buy it when they bought the car got to buy FSD for $5000 in March 2019. Where as I got nothing in return for giving Tesla $5000 early.

So no. I’m not set. I got a can opener up my rear end and still trying to pull it out.
I get it but stop whining. I paid 5k for EAP and it’s plenty good enough. They should give FSD for free to those people like us but that’s a shiz ton of money they would lose out on and they need every penny they can get. Enjoy the car and be happy with EAP, I know I am.

Good for you. You’re rich you can afford the $10k hit and not cry about it. Not everyone is as well off as you. Consider yourself luckier.

All I know is EAP was $5k, i paid it early. And got penalized. They offered EVERYTHING. FULL SELF DRIVING for the same price $5k. For those who did not pay $5k early.

Sure. Some people got screwed even more. But that does not make me feel any better.

Clearly there’s some issue. Because I’m not the only one complaining. There are more people than just me. And making people mad does not help Tesla in the long run. I have stopped recommending the cars already. Where as in 2018 I help sell a few cars and didn’t even get a referral bonus.

In other words, you feel like the monkey on the left:

Not exactly.
Price of AP got rolled into the base price of the TM3.
There was a bump right after Elon ran out of weed, and his finance people talked him into reversing the price drop of early March.

Clearly there’s some issue. Because I’m not the only one complaining. There are more people than just me.

If I had a $1 for everyone who is complaining about something on the internet, Jeff Bezos would be my butler.

a