Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does all software go with the car when sold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
I hunted around and failed to exactly find this answered. We're looking at selling our beloved Model 3 since we're moving abroad. In trying to price it appropriately, I'm wondering whether all the software goes with it. Specifically, we have:
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Lifetime Premium Connectivity
Can I tell a buyer that it comes with all those features?

Thanks!

For a private party sale, all of those options stay with the car, so you’re good.

Correction - they SHOULD stay with the car.
In reality, they may, or may not. It's upto luck of Tesla account management Russian roulette.
They have been reports of AP/FSD getting removed after purchaser, with no recourse. For no known reason.
There have also been reports of happy AP/FSD transfer post sale.

It's all part of the "fun" of owning a Tesla....

a

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
In reality, they may, or may not. It's upto luck of Tesla account management Russian roulette.
They have been reports of AP/FSD getting removed after purchaser, with no recourse. For no known reason.

a

Haven't those reports only been for vehicles sold through a third-party dealer?

From what I recall reading, @EVRider-FL is correct - private party sales don't have to worry about this.

Reactions: gaswalla

a
Definitely not true. Tesla has never removed features during a private party sale, that can only happen if the car goes through Tesla or another dealer.