Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot with Safety Features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I'm looking at a 2017 Model X. Seller seems a bit confused about some of the features.

On the Car info screen, it lists "autopilot safety features." I cannot find a reference anywhere to what this actually includes. Can anyone enlighten me?

for what it's worth, the seller tells me his only upgrade option is to fool self-driving. That is not appeared to be an option to upgrade to enhanced autopilot. Car has AP 2.0 HW per the "more info" screen

Thanks!

I think that probably means no autopilot at all.

Safety features are things like automatic emergency braking (reduce speed of impact but not prevent impact), and Lane departure warning (beep at you if you swerve out of the lane, but it won't automatically center to you in the lane)

On the plus side, you'll get regular old-fashioned cruise control that won't slam on the brakes every time it sees a shadow.

But Tesla changes there offerings every few weeks, it's almost impossible to shop for used Tesla's online. Best way to tell what you are getting is to go see the car in person.

Last edited:
That was my fear. Car is not local, would like to have a deal in hand before going to see itz you know?

Big part of knowing what to offer is knowing what is on the car.

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can have him send you pics of each one of the quick pick screens on the MCU? You can tell, for instance, what available options are available by what’s on these screens; like Subzero, for instance. Without it, there won’t be the option to turn on the rear seat heat or the heated steering wheel icon won’t be present.