Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoSock 698 Trial Fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reached out to @JonMc

MacTechGenius on Twitter

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 1.33.54 PM.png

Haven't had any snow since I bought them. But I'm headed into the mountains today with 8" in the forecast so I may get to try them out.
Well, the storm only dropped 3 to 4 inches and the stock 20" Continentals handled that like dry pavement. Still no test of the AutoSocks yet.
But, I did get a chance to test all doors and windows at our campsite after a night of sleet and snow. Everything worked fine. I had pre-treated the gaskets around the front 2 windows with silicone lubricant and had no trouble with the windows dropping as the doors opened. I don't know if the silicone made a difference or not.

Reactions: K-MTG
Did anyone use these on their X? How did it go?
Captain, yes. They are extremely easy to install, especially if setting the suspension to High. The grip in deep snow is excellent. I got stuck in a 20" snow drift, put on the Socks, and was able to get out easily.
While I keep the Socks in the car, I have now moved to a set of winter tires (Blizzaks) and haven't used the Socks since getting this set of winter tires.

Reactions: K-MTG
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has experience with these.

We just got a pair for a trip to LA to Lake Tahoe, in case we need them.
Yes. I have them for my 2016 MX and they work quite well. Plus they are easy to install, especially if you raise the suspension first. We just have 1 set for the rear wheels when our standard all-season tires are mounted.
We've used the socks less in the last two winters because we got a dedicated set of 19" snow tires and rims. But Colorado at 7000' where we live is always good for one big snowstorm in early May after I've switched out the snow tires, so the socks stay in the trunk.

Yes. I have them for my 2016 MX and they work quite well. Plus they are easy to install, especially if you raise the suspension first. We just have 1 set for the rear wheels when our standard all-season tires are mounted.
We've used the socks less in the last two winters because we got a dedicated set of 19" snow tires and rims. But Colorado at 7000' where we live is always good for one big snowstorm in early May after I've switched out the snow tires, so the socks stay in the trunk.

Thank you for this!