Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avian Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like it's for the birds... (j/k) :wink:
Looks like a fun garage project. Not sure how they define practical.

xcarframe_sm.jpg

I think Doug wins. :)

The noise is the chain drive making a racket. The crazy thing was quick, at least! The designer/builder has made some neat stuff before, and is a smart guy. Just doesn't have the money to make a real go at it yet. Lofty goals though!

Don't I look sexy behind all the bare wires of the dash? That's my "practical" look.

While yes, this isn't a regular car type format, plenty of companies have enjoyed fitting niche markets for enthusiasts who like to try different things when it comes to transportation options. I've enjoyed seeing a real mix of different options for new bikes, trikes, light-cars and cars with battery technology; and I don't see why they wouldn't enjoy success.

Looking at your blog, I agree that the curved line between the aluminium and wood panelling makes a big improvement to that area, and gives it a real 1930s retro-futuristic vibe. Nice work so far!

There seems to be a market for 2-person light-vehicles like these for city tours: GoCar Tours | Sightseeing & Story Telling Car and yours is a lot nicer looking than that thing.

Last edited:
Some MX motor bikes (50 mph 50 mile ranges $3k-$15k?)
MX electric bikes - 2018

SO, IF someone would make 3 wheeler in the $5,000 - $7,000 range for a city car 45 mph (no highway?) and a 50-100 mile range.
Since NOT a car, I think it would sell.

PS - these two are far to expensive IMHO.
See:
ELF Organic Transit | ELF Solo
PEBL PEBL
and many velo mobiles that are also to expensive IMHO
Leitra - Wikipedia
Schroeder's Leitra-Seite

The Weirdmobile has 16kWh of LiFePO4 batteries.
What's the cost on those batteries?t
At $200/kWh it would be $3,200 for the battery. Then $5,000 doesn't leave too much room for everything else, including profit.
But it's an indicator of why getting battery prices down to $100/kWh would be such a big deal: not only would it make electric cars more competitive, but it would have a great impact in competing with small ICE.