Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Model 3 Wh/Km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the car about a week and have driven 1100 KM mostly highway. My average WH is about 185 and I cannot seem to get it much lower.

What are other people getting in the dual motor AWD version? I feel like Its pretty inefficient in comparison to RWD.

I'm seeing about 255-260Wh/mi, thats about....160-165Wh/km, when driving 70-75mph divided highways (so 110-120kph). Lifetime average is under 250Wh/mi. I'm on 18" stock although I've got the caps off at the moment (will likely put them back on).

What do you have for tires? Are you needing to use the cabin heater?

19" tires.

Standard acceleration and standard steering. I dont know if cabin overheat protection is on but I have been running the climate control on auto at 21 degrees which is roughly 70 F.
The 19" tires will cost you about another %4, so nearly 10Wh/km above mine. About 8% above 18" with aero caps, so at least 15Wh/km.

You can tell if the heater is on by pulling up the vent controls. They show red, rather than blue, when the heater is on. What is the outside temp? Are you needing to use defog?

Depending on the speeds you're traveling at 185 seems quite plausible.

Last edited:
I'm getting ~149 wh/km in my model 3 AWD. More highway than city right now with 15-min commutes plus some longer trips here and there; majority of driving is highway.

FWIW for some reason I like driving with km in the US, partly because it's fun to be able to hit triple digits and see the numbers rise faster.

edit: this is over 3,000 km of driving

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
AWD is around 10% less efficient than RWD. I'm getting 204 to 207 lifetime but only under 500 miles so far. I don't think it will change much.

AWD: 204 to 207 18" aero caps off
20181007_193539.jpg

RWD: 185 to 191 18" aero caps off
20181007_193605.jpg