Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Feb 14 2020. I actually have 20" Induction wheels. Non-FSD though. That seems to be a factor for getting priority also.

Yes it does seem like they wanted to sell those cars with the upgraded wheels. Maybe they bought so many and wanted to get their money back asap. It would seem like they would prioritize FSD because that's a sunk cost and $7K of pure increase in profits but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I like those 20" wheels but worry it will negatively impact range although Tesla has not indicated that yet.

Yes it does seem like they wanted to sell those cars with the upgraded wheels. Maybe they bought so many and wanted to get their money back asap. It would seem like they would prioritize FSD because that's a sunk cost and $7K of pure increase in profits but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I like those 20" wheels but worry it will negatively impact range although Tesla has not indicated that yet.
Tesla only recognizes part of that $7,000 as revenue. It won't be able to recognize the full amount until all features are complete.

Tesla only recognizes part of that $7,000 as revenue. It won't be able to recognize the full amount until all features are complete.

Yeah but they are committed to that cost regardless of how many buy the FSD correct? So unless I'm missing something, whether or not I buy FSD, they will have that cost to complete the features. So Tesla can improve their revenue/profit directly from each sell of FSD.

I realize from an accounting standpoint, you are likely correct in how they will allocate the cost.

My point is that they should prioritize the cars with FSD just as much if not more than Performance to maximize their revenue and profit.

Yeah but they are committed to that cost regardless of how many buy the FSD correct? So unless I'm missing something, whether or not I buy FSD, they will have that cost to complete the features. So Tesla can improve their revenue/profit directly from each sell of FSD.

I realize from an accounting standpoint, you are likely correct in how they will allocate the cost.

My point is that they should prioritize the cars with FSD just as much if not more than Performance to maximize their revenue and profit.
I hear what you're saying and I think they should prioritize FSD but if I'm Tesla it makes sense to prioritize performance before FSD because the full $8k is instantly recognized as revenue. In order to maximize up front revenue I would assume priority goes something like this: Performance > FSD > AWD Induction wheels > AWD > RWD

MY White/White 19" AWD FSD. Ordered Oct. 30.

Nothing recent from Tesla. Accepted my trade in (now needs refreshing)

Westchester, NY
I'm in a similar situation. MSM/White 19" AWD FSD, ordered Oct. 30, Boston

Someone here mentioned that white interiors were supposed to be delivered first once the factory reopened, but it doesn't seem that way based on other comments in this forum. The Model tracker spreadsheet also only shows black interiors being delivered since the factory opened (sample size of 6).

It's annoying that people who ordered black interiors just a few months ago are getting their cars before us, but considering the MY was originally scheduled to launch in the fall, I should still be getting mine much sooner than I expected at the time of ordering.

Well that's depressing to hear....hope that guy doesn't have a clue.
Just spoke with a sales person at Tesla Tyco Road, Vienna Virginia. My Blue/White AWD LR + FSD has not been built yet. Ordered May 2018.

According to him, it might take more than 12-16 weeks. :(
I mean, Tesla fully reopened the Fremont factory today so it's highly unlikely that it will have been built yet if it wasn't built before the shutdown on March 23rd. That said, don't listen to predictions by Tesla salespeople about the Model Y, they aren't incentivized to get you good information, they would prefer to get you into a different model that they can get to you sooner and take credit for the sale.

They probably won’t have testers until they fill the preorders, but if you go to your service center, you may be able to spot a few of them prepping for delivery or brought into its first service. I saw three in the parking lot in Roswell GA. They look better in person than on YouTube.

Placed my order about a month ago.
Ordered:
LR AWD
induction wheels
White interior
FSD
Grey exterior.

Not looking to take delivery until fall but if they call I will likely take it lol
I will say I’m a little frustrated I can’t test drive or see the car in person. I am located on the Monterey peninsula and my local service center currently has no cars. The flagship store in San Jose doesn’t even have the Y available to test drive. Thank god for YouTube and TMC lol

They probably won’t have testers until they fill the preorders, but if you go to your service center, you may be able to spot a few of them prepping for delivery or brought into its first service. I saw three in the parking lot in Roswell GA. They look better in person than on YouTube.
That's what I keep hearing. That they look better in person. Can't wait.

Took delivery of my MSM LRAWD MSM Black and White Interior (19" wheels no FSD) yesterday in Carlsbad, CA. Delivery was very smooth and the car (after they cleaned a few interior finger marks) had no flaws that I could find.

Vistan

Reactions: MY-Y
In my case, the finger marks were mainly on the interior B pillar near the roof - there was also a grease spot on the roof glass just above the B pillar. I assume this was all caused by whoever was trying to fix something in the interior. The right side clothes hook was also open, which may be an additional clue. All in all, I was pleased with the inside and outside condition of my Y.

I have a white/white LR AWD with the black induction wheels on order. Tesla (Vegas) has reached out to me a few times (same guy). I told him when I want to take delivery (Aug) and he said he's matching me to a VIN around that time and will be in touch. I've followed up with a couple questions and got an immediate response each time. So far so good for me.

That's my exact config. Mind sharing your guys contact info (in pm)?