Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awkward time to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont think you're going to see a speed boost like the AWD just got -- mostly because this boost was a freebie for tesla .. the hardware could alreadydo this (same hardware as the P model) ..

if i was you -- i'd pick something up from inventory this month.

the right time to get a tesla is .. now.

I dont think you're going to see a speed boost like the AWD just got -- mostly because this boost was a freebie for tesla .. the hardware could alreadydo this (same hardware as the P model) ..

if i was you -- i'd pick something up from inventory this month.

the right time to get a tesla is .. now.

I just placed my order. I'm going to check daily until end of December in hopes that I find one to take advantage of the credit.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I just placed my order. I'm going to check daily until end of December in hopes that I find one to take advantage of the credit.

Did you take my advice and go to a store, or did you just place it online? If you just placed it online, you dont have anyone specific hunting for you. You need to go to a tesla store and get someone in the store to help you look, even if you just placed it over the web. You want a person assigned you can look at, since you want someone to help you find something.

Did you take my advice and go to a store, or did you just place it online? If you just placed it online, you dont have anyone specific hunting for you. You need to go to a tesla store and get someone in the store to help you look, even if you just placed it over the web. You want a person assigned you can look at, since you want someone to help you find something.

I ordered online but I have 3 reps at 3 different Tesla dealerships up here looking for me.

How does my order get tied to someone? Is this done by Tesla automatically or can I assign it to someone I've already worked with before in the Tesla stores?

I took a test drive, thus had my Tesla account tied to the SA on the floor when the paperwork was signed for my demo. That is how I got a contact to verify that my paperwork was done, and my referral was applied to my order. Past that, he has not been very much help, but I truly believe they know as little as we do. I do not believe a random Sales Agent in a Tesla Store has the power to change anything on a placed order(especially since most of them were told earlier this year that most of the stores would be closing and they would be let go)

I do not know how Tesla assigns internet orders to specific SA's, nor do I know how/when it gets passed along to the Delivery Center or Delivery Agent(home delivery for me).

I am pretty sure they do not work on Commission, but there has to be some metrics of how many orders they are tied to. Just from these forums, the poor SA's are being bombarded with WHERE IS MY VIN questions from people well inside their expected delivery window. I believe someone mentions an SA having 100-150 or so outstanding orders, which would have to be a very popular market...like LA or the SF Bay Area. It seems high, until you hear that the delivery centers are each one saying they will be moving 100-200 cars a week from here on out.

Last edited:
How does my order get tied to someone? Is this done by Tesla automatically or can I assign it to someone I've already worked with before in the Tesla stores?

This is why I mentioned you should go into a store. its highly likely that, if you do nothing, your order will get linked to someone in a call center (like their call centers in vegas) while you have 3 people doing triple work trying to find you a car.

You need to pick one of those three people, and tell them you ordered online to prove you are serious, and "can they see your order number in their system?"

I am very much not a personal fan of asking multiple people to duplicate work, because I hate it when it is done to me and my co workers (and so does anyone else who has had this happen to them, which is almost everyone, at some point in their lives).

Pick one of your people (the most responsive one) tell them you ordered, and let them help you. Tell the other two that "so and so is working on my order for me" so they can move on to helping someone else. The tesla reps can link an order to themselves, but iff they dont, it eventually gets randomly assigned.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I took a test drive, thus had my Tesla account tied to the SA on the floor when the paperwork was signed for my demo. That is how I got a contact to verify that my paperwork was done, and my referral was applied to my order. Past that, he has not been very much help, but I truly believe they know as little as we do. I do not believe a random Sales Agent in a Tesla Store has the power to change anything on a placed order(especially since most of them were told earlier this year that most of the stores would be closing and they would be let go)

I do not know how Tesla assigns internet orders to specific SA's, nor do I know how/when it gets passed along to the Delivery Center or Delivery Agent(home delivery for me).

I am pretty sure they do not work no Commission, but there has to be some metrics of how many orders they are tied to. Just from these forums, the poor SA's are being bombarded with WHERE IS MY VIN questions from people well inside their expected delivery window. I believe someone mentions an SA having 100-150 or so outstanding orders, which would have to be a very popular market...like LA or the SF Bay Area. It seems high, until you hear that the delivery centers are each one saying they will be moving 100-200 cars a week from here on out.

The individual SAs cant change orders, but the management in the store can make changes. I made friends with a manager in the local tesla store to me after a great conversation when I was buying my model 3. If an SA finds a car (lets say) they might have to engage their store management to move things around, but that manager can do so within reason.

The individual SAs cant change orders, but the management in the store can make changes. I made friends with a manager in the local tesla store to me after a great conversation when I was buying my model 3. If an SA finds a car (lets say) they might have to engage their store management to move things around, but that manager can do so within reason.
Cool, I met the Store Manager, and she was the one who immediately got me in a Model S for an overnight when I was returning my Model 3 overnight. She actually was the one to run me through the S familiarization.

LOL, I wish I had the money to bump up to a Stealth, and if I did, I would definitely swing by the store again and either talk to the SA, or her to see what magic they could make happen.

This is why I mentioned you should go into a store. its highly likely that, if you do nothing, your order will get linked to someone in a call center (like their call centers in vegas) while you have 3 people doing triple work trying to find you a car.

You need to pick one of those three people, and tell them you ordered online to prove you are serious, and "can they see your order number in their system?"

I am very much not a personal fan of asking multiple people to duplicate work, because I hate it when it is done to me and my co workers (and so does anyone else who has had this happen to them, which is almost everyone, at some point in their lives).

Pick one of your people (the most responsive one) tell them you ordered, and let them help you. Tell the other two that "so and so is working on my order for me" so they can move on to helping someone else. The tesla reps can link an order to themselves, but iff they dont, it eventually gets randomly assigned.

Cool, I met the Store Manager, and she was the one who immediately got me in a Model S for an overnight when I was returning my Model 3 overnight. She actually was the one to run me through the S familiarization.

LOL, I wish I had the money to bump up to a Stealth, and if I did, I would definitely swing by the store again and either talk to the SA, or her to see what magic they could make happen.

Yes, the guy I messaged said he was able to see my order in the system and he'll keep an eye open for stealth/performances available in inventory so I can buy immediately.