Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B / C pillar seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2023 Model 3 and I had a ride in a new 2024 'highland' model. It seems that a lot of soundproofing of the updated model is down to better door seals. I can clearly hear other cars and outside noises coming in through door seals in my old model 3. I checked door seals on both cars and they have updated the gaskets/seals on newer model.

I found new door seal part numbers in epc.tesla.com and ordered these. Problem is that new model has separate seal around B-pillar camera glass and also on C-pillar small window, but I cannot find part numbers for those anywhere. With the new door seals there is a huge gap between door seal and B/C pillar. Old seal had a extra lip to cover that gap but they have made the new one a separate seal. Tesla service is not helpful in finding the part number for B/C pillar seals.

Does anyone have any info where to find the corresponding part number for those?

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpeg
    IMG_5826.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5827.jpeg
    IMG_5827.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 8
Do you plan on using the Highland seals on your 2023 model? They definitely look better quality-wise than the older model, especially with the fitment and how they're cut. Sounds like an interesting plan if they fit the older model.

Yes, I have already ordered and installed highland model door seals. All except rear left, Tesla has f up delivery of that one. They sent me two of the rear right ones.

I filled the gaps between door glass and B/C pillar with simple D-profile seal from hardware store, it works but is not good looking and I bet the original will seal better. Anyway, I can clearly hear difference from the new door seals. The rear left is where all the wind noise comes from.

Wow very cool! You mind taking a photo of what it looks like on the car? Very interested in how it looks.

I looked at the parts list, is it possible that the B pillar seal on the new highland model is built into the camera cover itself? (Which I believe is called the applique) Not sure on the C pillar seal.

The online Tesla Service Manual details the B and C pillar seals. For 2024+ Model 3's, the applique bolt cover is molded into the camera holder glass, while on earlier Model 3's, the bolt cover is a separate part.

1714061338952.png

2024+...

1714061640796.png

Earlier cars...

1714061731194.png

bolt cover separate part....

1714061772795.png

The C pillar glass instructions are also slightly different to removal/install.

Could be the cameras come with the B pillar part as an assembly. It might be interesting to find out if they changed the B pillar applique part number on other car models with change to Autopilot 4.0 cameras.
It most likely comes with camera and NFC module. Part number description is ”LEFT HAND DRIVE-ASSEMBLY B PILLAR APPLIQUE LEFT HAND”
I guess we will find out if HW4 pillar camera works with HW3 or if there is possible to swap cameras from old part. Part should arrive in 2 weeks.