Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with part number. Front driver primary door seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
Needing some help on part a number.
MYP was delivered nov 2022, but a 2023 models year with USS. šŸ˜‚

Due to recessed b-pillar, took the car into service.
What they did was replace the driver door primary door seal. (Which didnā€™t do Jack *sugar* btw).

Noticed that it looked different and pointed it out to the service center. They agreed the part used was an older part number. 1497673-89-A

Booked another service appt and the part they came with was the incorrect one again. This time it was part number 1497673-00-C.

Have another one booked and itā€™s showing the same ā€œCā€ part number. Iā€™m thinking that the newest part isnā€™t being available currently, but Iā€™m trying to figure out what that new part number is. My parts guy is saying thereā€™s a ā€œDā€ revision but canā€™t confirm if itā€™s the same ones like the other doors. Also saying they arenā€™t readily available at the SCā€™s yet.

Anyone possibly know what the correct part number could possibly be?

Adding pictures of driver seal and passenger seal.
The driver seal edge (that touches the window) seems to be thinner and longer whereas the passenger door seal looks to be shorter and thicker.

This the last damn thing on the car I want to get fixed. But no eta. So trying to possibly just order my damn self. šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• C069B7D3-47D4-4AB6-A9A9-E57F55EEA90F.jpeg
    C069B7D3-47D4-4AB6-A9A9-E57F55EEA90F.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 3D0A9C79-2CA3-4A39-84A7-7771FA96BD19.jpeg
    3D0A9C79-2CA3-4A39-84A7-7771FA96BD19.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi.
Needing some help on part a number.
MYP was delivered nov 2022, but a 2023 models year with USS. šŸ˜‚

Due to recessed b-pillar, took the car into service.
What they did was replace the driver door primary door seal. (Which didnā€™t do Jack *sugar* btw).

Noticed that it looked different and pointed it out to the service center. They agreed the part used was an older part number. 1497673-89-A

Booked another service appt and the part they came with was the incorrect one again. This time it was part number 1497673-00-C.

Have another one booked and itā€™s showing the same ā€œCā€ part number. Iā€™m thinking that the newest part isnā€™t being available currently, but Iā€™m trying to figure out what that new part number is. My parts guy is saying thereā€™s a ā€œDā€ revision but canā€™t confirm if itā€™s the same ones like the other doors. Also saying they arenā€™t readily available at the SCā€™s yet.

Anyone possibly know what the correct part number could possibly be?

Adding pictures of driver seal and passenger seal.
The driver seal edge (that touches the window) seems to be thinner and longer whereas the passenger door seal looks to be shorter and thicker.

This the last damn thing on the car I want to get fixed. But no eta. So trying to possibly just order my damn self. šŸ˜‚
Looks like 1497673-98-C for left side and 1497674-98-C for right side door, but you can verify yourself at epc.tesla.com

Just an update. it looks like part pn 1497674-00-C was used for my VIN. looks like the Tesla website isn't using the most up to date PN. Wonder why. maybe they want to get rid of the older inventory?
Those two digits are reportedly some variant code, so it looks like the newest part (Rev C). 00 may be a don't care entry.
Just circling back. SC told me the two stand alone numbers stand for the different build types when it matters (if parts are different in some way): Dual motor, Performance, single motor

Reactions: Predation