Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window glass tilt adjustment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I took delivery of my '23 Model Y LR a couple weeks ago. I notice the driver side front window needs to be adjusted by about 1/8" in, so it will sit flush with the adjacent A pillar, and maintain a good wind and weather seal. Reading in the forums, it seems like this is a common new-car adjustment on Teslas. I've also found several threads showing where these adjustments are on the Model 3 and Model S, but cannot find info on the Y, and it is not the same as those other models. S has a weather seal grommet on the bottom of the door you pop out to expose the adjustment; Model 3 has a pair of adjustment screws under the door panel. Model Y has something different. Has anyone figured this out?

Hi All, I took delivery of my '23 Model Y LR a couple weeks ago. I notice the driver side front window needs to be adjusted by about 1/8" in, so it will sit flush with the adjacent A pillar, and maintain a good wind and weather seal. Reading in the forums, it seems like this is a common new-car adjustment on Teslas. I've also found several threads showing where these adjustments are on the Model 3 and Model S, but cannot find info on the Y, and it is not the same as those other models. S has a weather seal grommet on the bottom of the door you pop out to expose the adjustment; Model 3 has a pair of adjustment screws under the door panel. Model Y has something different. Has anyone figured this out?
My experience is, there are no adjustments on the model Y. I had mobile service out twice, followed by service center visit to fix a problem, and all they did was to replace the regulator, the motor, and finally the window itself. No adjustments involved.

Reactions: jtxxx
My experience is, there are no adjustments on the model Y. I had mobile service out twice, followed by service center visit to fix a problem, and all they did was to replace the regulator, the motor, and finally the window itself. No adjustments involved.
Attempted to adjust my model y driver side window this past sunday and there were no adjustment screws like the ones on Model 3. the window tracks were bolted directly onto the plastic frame that bolts onto the door. WTH tesla? lol.

I never understood the rationale car makers use to decide whether or not to include the metal frame over/above the glass

Some have it (like my old civic) and some don't (like my new Y)

Seems like "with" would be a better design