Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 model Y ...I love my car. The only downside I have is the back hatch. There has to be an easier way to open besides my phone. Pouring rain and hands full and I have to handle my phone to open the hatch. Is there a better way of doing this?????

Your phone needs to be pretty close to the body of the hatch (without having your body/bag between the car and phone) to open the hatch but once I figured that out I’ve just made sure it was in my front pocket (or if in my bag I’ve rotated my bag to be next to the hatch) and it’s opened on the first touch.

I always use the button on the hatch. Opening anything by going into the app is slow...

It works 90% of the time for me with my phone in my back pocket.
The only exception being when my phone (Samsung/Android) sometimes goes into a deep sleep and needs the power button hitting to wake it up.

With my Apple Watch, I find using Siri shortcuts “Siri, open the trunk” works well for me.
Of course there is a delay, but I usually time it right as I approach my vehicle.

Feels pretty slick/high tech to me, also functional if your hands are occupied.

Reactions: mborkow