Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back of the line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Y on order since mid-May. As with everyone else my estimated delivery date was all over the place. Just last week it was October. I am out of town for a week and on my first day away my car was ready for delivery. I had to put a hold as I could not accept within Tesla’s 3 day window. My account is currently a hold. Once I click the I am ready button am I back in line with everybody else or do I basically get one of the next cars available matching my configuration? My sales advisor is MIA.

This is my 2nd Tesla and this ordering experience is nothing like my first one back in 2015. A lot has changed obviously.

I did the same and worse - I didn't finish my delivery paperwork so when I finished everything and took it off hold during the first week in July, the delivery date is now Sept 15-30. Ordered 3rd week in May.

My friend who ordered a week before me, took delivery second week in July.

I called Tesla and said I couldn’t pick up the car this week and they told me if I could not get it by the 30th it would have to go on hold. Kind of ridiculous that they had me at October last week and then move it up with no notice and give me 3 days to pick up.

I called Tesla and said I couldn’t pick up the car this week and they told me if I could not get it by the 30th it would have to go on hold. Kind of ridiculous that they had me at October last week and then move it up with no notice and give me 3 days to pick up.
It could be that the configuration that you had, suddenly became available because someone couldn't take delivery of it.