Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera glitch??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the eMMC chip update yesterday and after I got my car back I am seeing a strange glitch in the backup camera. Has anyone seen this? At the bottom of the backup image you will see some computer type image. Tesla told
Me to do an infotainment upgrade. I am confused as it worked 2’days ago just fine.

Attachments

• DC9B1E0C-5C59-4941-B8A5-B1AA1A1B8448.jpeg
    DC9B1E0C-5C59-4941-B8A5-B1AA1A1B8448.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 135
It’s actually a empty image bottom frame that supposed to be filled with video feed from the backup camera. The “thing” you see is the screen view underneath the camera “window”. Before getting the infotainment upgrade have you done the scroll wheel restart, or the reboot by changing your car’s wheels on the screen?

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and byeLT4
It’s actually a empty image bottom frame that supposed to be filled with video feed from the backup camera. The “thing” you see is the screen view underneath the camera “window”. Before getting the infotainment upgrade have you done the scroll wheel restart, or the reboot by changing your car’s wheels on the screen?
I'll try that. No I haven't tried it. I am not going to get an infotainment update for an error that started occurring post-eMMC upgrade; And it's odd that another user also replied to my post saying they too had this issue only after the update, meaning there could be a pattern. It's not too much of an major issue but if Tesla is going to update my car they should not break something that was previously working. I had started seeing issues they related to the MMC hence the replacement. It's been on recall but saying don't call us we'll call you; until I faced other screen issues.

I’m not going to upgrade as well, will keep it as last resort. So far it’s been fine, I did not get that screen effect but on my car the camera got blurry before I did the recall. I did mention this on my service request but apparently they did not had time to look into. While searching here I found that I might need to replace the backup camera.