Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Camera Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OnBass

"There's no money above the 5th fret" R. Jones
Jun 12, 2017
NYC
Pulling out of my garage this morning and my backup camera was on the blink. I've attached photos of what the screen looked like. Anyone else experience anything like this?

IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0241.jpg

If you swap top and bottom screens, does the lines screen go to the bottom? If so, it is probably not a LCD or GPU problem. Maybe the camera is bad or the cable connecting the camera is loose?
Thanks for your reply and, Yes, it did. We ended up doing a hard reset and it fixed the problem. Pretty strange.....

I have been having problems with my backup camera for several months. Camera backup screen is black, or has a free or pink hue. On other occasions it’s white. Other times it freezes on the last image from previous backup. Resetting fixes the problem but it reoccurs unpredictable. Tesla mobile van came out updating the software without solving the problem. Any suggestions?

I have been having problems with my backup camera for several months. Camera backup screen is black, or has a free or pink hue. On other occasions it’s white. Other times it freezes on the last image from previous backup. Resetting fixes the problem but it reoccurs unpredictable. Tesla mobile van came out updating the software without solving the problem. Any suggestions?

Ask for cam replacement