Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad experience with Hannshow Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
myself like others saw YouTube and was influenced by YouTubers to install the Hannshow screen..Got an installer to install it and we followed various guides and instructions and still the screen won’t turn on..there is little or literally no support from Hansshow after the sales..so after $400 for install and $500 for screen I am left with a dead product..they keep telling to follow instructions..it is a simple plug and play..wanted to caution others..BTW mine is a 2021 MYP

• Informative
Reactions: RyMY
myself like others saw YouTube and was influenced by YouTubers to install the Hannshow screen..Got an installer to install it and we followed various guides and instructions and still the screen won’t turn on..there is little or literally no support from Hansshow after the sales..so after $400 for install and $500 for screen I am left with a dead product..they keep telling to follow instructions..it is a simple plug and play..wanted to caution others..BTW mine is a 2021 MYP

Since you were researching, perhaps you missed this existing thread here on TMC talking about hansshow support (or lack of)?

I personally would never (ever) buy anything made by them.. but I am also not "influenced by youtubers" to buy anything either.

Since you were researching, perhaps you missed this existing thread here on TMC talking about hansshow support (or lack of)?

I personally would never (ever) buy anything made by them.. but I am also not "influenced by youtubers" to buy anything either.
Yeah my stupidity..had to learn the hard way with money and time wasted..wanted to warn others as they can avoid what myself and others did

I got this screen to work, but it was incredibly hard to install! The instructions said to swap the plug within 2 minutes, well, it took closer to two HOURS. The area is very tight and cables were already stuffed in there so tightly that getting off the old plug was hard. But getting the adapter back IN was MUCH harder.

I was thinking of returning it if I could but I don't want to cut/bang up my hands so badly again to remove the adapter.

The screen swivel is so much easier to install and is more effective. If I were to do it again, I would try a HUD or just stick with the OBD2 port scanner. Even with the Black Friday deal, the Hansshow has left a bad taste. They sent me a few responses by WhatsApp, but they weren't of any help.

But it's working and as I said, I will probably keep it as I don't want to risk further injury trying to remove it.

Reactions: Rovin
I got this screen to work, but it was incredibly hard to install! The instructions said to swap the plug within 2 minutes, well, it took closer to two HOURS. The area is very tight and cables were already stuffed in there so tightly that getting off the old plug was hard. But getting the adapter back IN was MUCH harder.

I was thinking of returning it if I could but I don't want to cut/bang up my hands so badly again to remove the adapter.

The screen swivel is so much easier to install and is more effective. If I were to do it again, I would try a HUD or just stick with the OBD2 port scanner. Even with the Black Friday deal, the Hansshow has left a bad taste. They sent me a few responses by WhatsApp, but they weren't of any help.

But it's working and as I said, I will probably keep it as I don't want to risk further injury trying to remove it.
Agreed....I had it installed but after a very lengthy back and fourth process since they sent me a defective cable the first time...The worst part is chatting with them via WhatsApp late night...If they are really serious about US market they need to have proper install instructions and phone support

Reactions: Falcon73
Agreed....I had it installed but after a very lengthy back and fourth process since they sent me a defective cable the first time...The worst part is chatting with them via WhatsApp late night...If they are really serious about US market they need to have proper install instructions and phone support

Yeah, on the West Coast I was annoyed when they responded typically around 730pm here. On the Right Coast that would be substantially even less convenient!

Have you updated the software on it yet? I need to look into it, but I'm not sure I want to attempt it, in case something goes wrong.

Yeah, on the West Coast I was annoyed when they responded typically around 730pm here. On the Right Coast that would be substantially even less convenient!

Have you updated the software on it yet? I need to look into it, but I'm not sure I want to attempt it, in case something goes wrong.
I am a bit concerned to update just in case if it goes wrong i would not want to deal with their support again...when i looked into their website looks like the 8.5 inches version are already shipped with latest version....Now i will have to check if I have the 10.25 or the 8.5 inches screen

Reactions: Falcon73
I can't say I didn't see this coming. I work closely with software developers everyday and these types of aftermarket devices that tries to "integrate" with main systems never end well. Unless of course, the manufacture has a staff of software developers of its own who can keep up (re-validate all the integration points and send out parallel updates) with all the OTA updates that Tesla deploys.

Reactions: Falcon73 and Rovin
Wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the Hansshow screen is worth it or not? Does the carplay integrate on it easily? Also - based on your experience above - I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any installers on Long Island vs me trying to do the install myself.....?

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the Hansshow screen is worth it or not? Does the carplay integrate on it easily? Also - based on your experience above - I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any installers on Long Island vs me trying to do the install myself.....?
I have installed the 10.25in screen and the instructional video and the instructions that came with the screen did not match. It took me two hours and I eventually found out that there was an independent power wire that you have to connect to the Tesla battery connector in the front. Fast forward to present day. I just received the new F68 screen with CarPlay. I hade all the cables ran and screen installed, only to find out that the wire harness they sent me is not for my screen. I sent them pictures of the cables/connectors to show them them it’s not the right harness. They told me that I need to follow the instructions. I sent them a screen shot of the manual showing the missing connector from my harness. They told me that their techs were out of the office. They would need to have the techs review the harness I have and see if there had been changes to the installation. WHAT?!!! They are saying that a brand new screen’s installation process could have changed and they did not update the install video on YouTube or in the manual they send out. Needless to say, I am never buying from them again.