Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad reception, static from internet music?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never experienced this in my MX which is on 2018.42.2 last I drove it; it's in service center right now. However, I'm currently driving a 2018 MX 75D as the service car, and it has had this issues a few time.

I noticed it first happened when I was switching from using music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 7plus with iOS 12.1 onto the Tesla streaming music. I shut off the Bluetooth radio on my iPhone; the static didn't go away, however, when I hit the pause [II] button then hit [|>] play button again, the static went away. Reminded me of the old days when you were about to get a phone call, and before the phone rang, your computer speakers would start to make weird static sounds.

I used to have random static-y songs every 10th song or so, but since the v9 update, now I have a different problem where it skips a small section of the song, like a CD skipping. (Remember CDs?)

I used to have random static-y songs every 10th song or so, but since the v9 update, now I have a different problem where it skips a small section of the song, like a CD skipping. (Remember CDs?)

Same.

usind drive on nav? the tesla dashcam?

And yes, both, although I haven't specifically noticed it happening while using drive on nav.

well, try without both and see?

My X is actually at the service center for other issues right now.

However the Enterprise (meaning no autopilot) S 75D, which is brand new, was loaned to me yesterday running 34.1 and I updated it to 42.2 overnight had the same issue.

I was just on regular navigation and no dash cam and the stutter happened during a couple different songs.