Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bank transfer the day of delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick up my car next week 21th. I emailed my delivery person but no answer. I understand they are extremely busy. Do any of you guys know if we can pay via bank transfer after inpecting the car for defects? I sure don't want to pre pay prior to accepting delivery.

Thanks

I have been looking for an answer for this too. From what I gather after reading on forums is it all depends on delivery center. People have paid via ACH from delivery center.
Also, ofcourse if Tesla is not allowed to sell in a state, then prior payment is required.

I'm scheduled to pick up my car next week 21th. I emailed my delivery person but no answer. I understand they are extremely busy. Do any of you guys know if we can pay via bank transfer after inpecting the car for defects? I sure don't want to pre pay prior to accepting delivery.

Thanks
I did that for my 3. I had the money staged in my checking account and it took me just a minute after we saw the car. Which was in excellent shape by the way.

You'll be just fine... I initiated the transfer of ACH the day of, in addition to having my credit union mail the check the same day. Not one problem with that during delivery. The most difficult part was getting the darn MVPA... it literally appeared as I was pulling into the parking lot for my delivery.

In my experience, you can. I had a loan and also wanted to pay the rest through my bank. I showed them the pre Approved loan document and was asked to pay the rest via my bank but I asked to see my vehicle before marking that payment. I inspected the car and was satisfied with it, I went back inside and used one of their computers at the Deivery location to long into my tesla account and made the payment via my bank account info.

Assuming you’re paying it off, you can ask to inspect the car before signing the papers.

I even had some changes that needed to be made to the MVPA and they made those changes at the same time of delivery, I just had to wait a little bit for them to get the updated paperwork but I was out of there within an hr and half due to the paperwork updates.