Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base:Partial Tax incentive vs Plus: full Tax incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my Standard (base) won't make it in time for the July 1st deadline. I have couple of options in mind that need I advice:

Keep my order for the Standard base model with nothing added to keep my cost down and miss out on the full Tax incentive (partial only)+ 5000mi SC.
OR
Change my order to a Plus and take full advantage of the full Tax Incentive. only 1000mi SC.

If my budget is tight is the latter still a better option?

Looks like my Standard (base) won't make it in time for the July 1st deadline. I have couple of options in mind that need I advice:

Keep my order for the Standard base model with nothing added to keep my cost down and miss out on the full Tax incentive (partial only)+ 5000mi SC.
OR
Change my order to a Plus and take full advantage of the full Tax Incentive. only 1000mi SC.

If my budget is tight is the latter still a better option?

Full tax credit of $7500 is no longer available. So you are comparing a $3750 credit if you get the car by the end of the month to an $1875 credit if you get it later.

When did you order?

Reactions: TS-LA143
Hmm, I think I would just keep the order and see what happens as you get closer to the end of the month.

I also don't value the supercharger miles much so I wouldn't let that affect your decision.

Agreed. They can software lock any SR+ car the the store to create an SR. End of quarter rush means there's also a chance they could give you the SR+ for the price of the SR and maybe even throw in sport wheels, etc., to entice you to take delivery.

Reactions: Mr X and TS-LA143