Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Basic cruise control question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the model 3 doesn't come with basic cruise control, I'm cancelling my order. That's just going too far.
Based on the Model S, you will get basic cruise control if you don't get EAP, and TACC (Traffic Aware Cruise Control) if you do. In most cars, basic cruise control will have no problem running you into the car in front of you, but I would assume the safety features on the Model 3 will prevent that.

• Informative
Reactions: powertoold
Based on the Model S, you will get basic cruise control if you don't get EAP, and TACC (Traffic Aware Cruise Control) if you do. In most cars, basic cruise control will have no problem running you into the car in front of you, but I would assume the safety features on the Model 3 will prevent that.
No. That would be TACC. Safety features may reduce speed by 25 mph to avoid an imminent collision.

Bump.
Basic cruise on 3 without a EAP does not include TACC. Turn On with a push down on right gear stalk. Turn Off with brake pedal or touch the park button at the end of the stalk. Speed adjustment is on the screen (not great IMO, diverts the eye when needing adjust for road changes).