Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baton Rouge Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GeezerSquid

Still a Geezer & Still A Squid
Jun 17, 2020
Baton Rouge, LA
My new Y arrived Thursday night (July 30th) at about 8pm. The driver kept in touch with me constantly from right before he picked up the car in Houston and up to delivery. Car unloaded and inspected and in my carport in about an hour. The car looked great. Could only really inspect panel gaps and interior due to it being dark. I sit in the car playing with everything and then looked around for my temp tags. There were none! I called the driver and asked if he forgot to leave them with me. He said there were no tags and I should contact Tesla. Fount out that Tesla can't issue temp tags in Louisiana due to legal issues in this state. I now have to wait 7-10 days to get the registration papers before I can drive my car!! That's aggravating!!

But I'm glad to report that my Black/Black FSD no hitch car looks terrific. All seats, doors, windows, hatches work as expected. The only gap issue I have is the glass roof. Passenger's side has a slightly larger gap than the driver's side. Doesn't bother me. Totally thrilled. Making use of the 7-10 days of down time to learn as much as possible.

BTW, ordered on May 23, VIN issued on June 6th and delivery on July 30th 8pm. Serial number 199XX