Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drain With Airport Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I recently parked our Model X 75D at an airport for 8 days. The airport is about 45-50 miles from our home. We fully charged the battery before our trip, and had about 150 or 160 miles range left when we parked at the airport. I turned sentry mode off and also turned off cabin overheat protection. We're in S. Georgia, so the temps weren't that bad, but did get into the 30s and 40s at night, I believe. I checked the app the day before returning home, and saw that we had 82 miles of range left. Started to get nervous, as there are no superchargers anywhere near the airport or on the way home. Got to the airport about 24 hours later, and had 69 miles of range. That's about 13 miles lost in a day (high temps were in the 60s, lows in the 40s). Made it home with 11 miles of range left. That's cutting it way too close. If I could, I would just take an ICE car to the airport on our next trip, but I don't have one (I have a Model S). Any ideas of how to cut down on the phantom drain? Will Tesla send somebody to charge up a battery at the airport if needed?

Any tips/suggestions appreciated...

JC

My wife and I recently parked our Model X 75D at an airport for 8 days. The airport is about 45-50 miles from our home. We fully charged the battery before our trip, and had about 150 or 160 miles range left when we parked at the airport. I turned sentry mode off and also turned off cabin overheat protection. We're in S. Georgia, so the temps weren't that bad, but did get into the 30s and 40s at night, I believe. I checked the app the day before returning home, and saw that we had 82 miles of range left. Started to get nervous, as there are no superchargers anywhere near the airport or on the way home. Got to the airport about 24 hours later, and had 69 miles of range. That's about 13 miles lost in a day (high temps were in the 60s, lows in the 40s). Made it home with 11 miles of range left. That's cutting it way too close. If I could, I would just take an ICE car to the airport on our next trip, but I don't have one (I have a Model S). Any ideas of how to cut down on the phantom drain? Will Tesla send somebody to charge up a battery at the airport if needed?

Any tips/suggestions appreciated...

JC

Is Summon Standby turned Off? That will chew up a few watt hr's.