Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my car for about a month and when I park at home overnight, I usually lose about 1% of battery at most a day. I had to leave my car at a friends house last night and battery drained 8%. Sentry mode is off and summons off by the way. Any other reason why battery will lose the 8% in 24 hours?

Joking aside, I had that same problem with my MY with a 14xxx VIN. I don’t know for sure what Tesla did, but they definitely fixed it. I went from 1.5% loss daily to something closer to 0.25% or less.

I had noticed that my car would turn on and off fairly frequently (I could hear it from the garage). I brought my car in for a problem with the touchscreen, which seems unrelated. I did mention that the car was constantly waking up from sleep when I dropped it off.

They fixed the screen issue, but the Service Advisor also mentioned that the technician « updated the car’s firmware », and he wasn’t referring to a software update.

Others might be more knowledgeable, but it sounded like what manages the car itself could have had issues. Could be worth setting up a mobile appointment and having your car diagnosed to figure out why it’s draining.

Reactions: Carbonfiber