Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drained 30% overnight..Big Flaw, Easy Fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the Model 3 in Sept. and drove it home, parked in the driveway. Could NOT figure out how to lock it. Read the manual, still couldn't lock it. Crawled all over the interior of the car and found a key card that I had dropped. Still would not lock. Took a closer look and found the rear door had not shut properly (image on screen). Closed it, then it auto-locked. 3 months later, the rear doors still are harder to close completely for people who don't ride in the car frequently. Here's another recommendation for the Stats app!

• Love
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Picked up the Model 3 in Sept. and drove it home, parked in the driveway. Could NOT figure out how to lock it. Read the manual, still couldn't lock it. Crawled all over the interior of the car and found a key card that I had dropped. Still would not lock. Took a closer look and found the rear door had not shut properly (image on screen). Closed it, then it auto-locked. 3 months later, the rear doors still are harder to close completely for people who don't ride in the car frequently. Here's another recommendation for the Stats app!
Thanks! I had a similar issue with my model S trunk. It looked closed but the latch didn't engage unless I closed it hard (it was fixed by SC later). The "door/trunk/frunkopen notification" saves me a few times when the car had that problem.

BTW, if the trunk doesn't close properly, you can typically adjust the rubber stoppers yourself manually.

How do you adjust the stoppers? I've read one thread where the spring inside the stoppers had to be cut. Hope this is not what you're referring to. I'm having to slam the trunk for it to latch, usually on the 2nd or 3rd attempt!
At least on Model S, you can just twist the rubber stoppers and adjust their height slightly. Definitely don't cut anything and take it to SC if you can't adjust the height manually. It's a trivial fix for SC.