Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Fuse Replacement 2016 Model S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 S 85 and just that part replaced by Tesla. Total cost = $336.04. I asked Tesla Service at Dublin CA to have my replacement fuse back and they refused to give it to me and that If I really wanted it, I had to pay $200 for the broken fuse. This is absolutely ridiculous because I believe I own each and every part of the vehicle. So I am trying to file a compliant about this.
If you ask for the old parts back before an out of warranty repair they generally have to return them. But, they are allowed to charge a core charge, that they can set.

Reactions: mongo
If you ask for the old parts back before an out of warranty repair they generally have to return them. But, they are allowed to charge a core charge, that they can set.

Interesting clause! Makes sense given they might just dispose of it if not informed agead of time.

Upon request of the customer at the time the work order is taken, the automotive repair dealer shall return replaced parts to the customer at the time of the completion of the work excepting such parts as may be exempt because of size, weight, or other similar factors from this requirement by regulations of the department and excepting such parts as the automotive repair dealer is required to return to the manufacturer or distributor under a warranty arrangement. If such parts must be returned to the manufacturer or distributor, the dealer at the time the work order is taken shall offer to show, and upon acceptance of such offer or request shall show, such parts to the customer upon completion of the work, except that the dealer shall not be required to show a replaced part when no charge is being made for the replacement part.

Section 9884.10 - Return of replaced parts, Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 9884.10 | Casetext Search + Citator

I got exactly the same quote in CAD, 0.54 hours, 240$ for the part for a total of 403$ CAD. With my production date of December 2015,I thought that I should have HV 1 though

also I wonder why my warning comes so late on a car older than most of us reporting in this thread. I have 130k km was it triggered by that value or is it a reading of the fuse battery voltage?
What type the fuse was? Mine is approximately from the same time, car was on manufacturing lines during December 2015 through January 2016 and the battery has been produced in 01/16 which is version 2. My message did popped up very closely six months before that date - 19.07.2023. For some reason the actual manufacturing month was pushed until 03/2016.
I did acquired the reason Tesla service cleared that error last year. The service manager assured that the battery on mine has sand type of fuse. So it does not require any service. Or was their explanation that I do not need to change it while I had my warranty active. Still kicking my tires…