Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Health

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a 2022 Model Y is this a concern?

IMG_1988.jpeg

Reactions: mikeskuro
For a 2022 Model Y is this a concern?

View attachment 1056698

No, thats quite good actually. 5.7% reported battery degradation after 2 years on a Tesla is not a concern at all, its a good number actually.

Is the graphic posted from the app? My app doesn't appear to have a battery tab.

Thats because the screenshot is from a third party app, not the Tesla app itself.

About 1/4 of the way to red, after 2 years. That seems to suggest an 8 year battery life, which I would find concerning. Is the graphic posted from the app? My app doesn't appear to have a battery tab.
How many miles?

Many, many posts about a 5% degradation within the first 2 years, regardless of miles. Normal. Degradation is NON-linear, as years 3 >>> the rate of loss diminishes.

Where in the Tesla app can I obtain this data?
Thanks

You cant, but I believe you know this already. I never said anything about degradation stats being available in the Tesla app. I simply replied to someone saying "my tesla app doesnt show this information".

Based upon that graph, the curve of best fit intercepts the 69kWh line at about 12,000 miles. To me, that looks substantially worse than the fleet average -- the slope is quite a bit steeper. I can't speak to the validity of Tessie, however. The fleet average looks almost perfectly linear. What value does Tesla use as the threshold for battery replacement: 80% of 78.9?

From the app you can select Service/Battery and charging. Then describe issue as "loss of range", then submit that. A test is performed and if you are ok, you will see "no issue detected."

Tesla is going to tell anyone and everyone there is "no issue detected" as long as there is not an actual battery failure, or a 30% or higher loss of range as calculated using the information on the tesla car screen (not a third party app).

Anything else will be "no issue detected" because they will not even discuss degradation that doesnt meet the warranty threshhold (as there is zero they can do about it. Submitting a ticket for less than 30% battery degradation is a waste of the owners time.