Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been offered to buy a battery pack but must part it from car myself.
Does anyone know if this is difficult to do?
Also could anyone guesstimate health of battery if it was at 50% 6 months ago and not charged since due heavy damage to front. Owner says all electricity was shut off after crash. Couldn't even open doors.

Thanks

To remove the main pack you will need equipment to jack up the car and remove the pack safely too. You cannot tell if the high voltage junction box was damaged, so the battery might be live.

Removing the battery modules yourself is extremely dangerous; at a minimum you should have full polycarbonate face shield and high voltage rubber gloves with leather exterior.

As long as the battery suffered no damage, it should have extremely minimal charge loss. I have had battery modules for 3 months and they have only lost 1% charge. But if you take the modules out, test them with multimeter immediately, each module should be above 18v.

The seller should be willing to take a return if you find damage to the pack, otherwise I would not bother.

• Helpful
Reactions: gabeincal