Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area - Best In-Person Sighting Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
New member to the forum, but long-time lurker. Got a M3 reservation last Christmas, so my delivery estimate isn't until late Spring 18.

Quick question: I came out to the Bay Area for the weekend from GA. I'll be heading to the South Bay tomorrow and wanted to know where is my best bet for seeing a Model 3 in person. This is high on my priority list, but don't have a ton of time to wander around. Is the Tesla factory parking lot open to the public? I've seen a ton of pictures from there but not sure how secure it is. Also, anyone see some around downtown Palo Alto ever? Just looking for any intel for where is best place for me to catch a glimpse.

Thanks!

3 options.

1. Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont. The showroom/supercharging stations are open to the public. Roam around and maybe you'll get lucky.
2. Go to the Tesla delivery center in Fremont. (note that this is a different location than the factory) Ask if there are any 3s available to see.
3. Go to the Tesla showroom in Palo Alto. People have said there is an employee that works there with one.

Reactions: Ski_
3 options.

1. Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont. The showroom/supercharging stations are open to the public. Roam around and maybe you'll get lucky.
2. Go to the Tesla delivery center in Fremont. (note that this is a different location than the factory) Ask if there are any 3s available to see.
3. Go to the Tesla showroom in Palo Alto. People have said there is an employee that works there with one.
This ^

I'd give somewhere around the factory a shot or even the factory itself. I see 2 - 3 daily within the 1/4 mile stretch between 880 and Milmont Dr, all within the few minutes I pass through there during my commute. Maybe some are working the weekends through "production hell" and you might get lucky.