TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Bay Area - Best In-Person Sighting Options?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kemble54, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kemble54

kemble54 New Member

Hey guys,
    New member to the forum, but long-time lurker. Got a M3 reservation last Christmas, so my delivery estimate isn't until late Spring 18.

Quick question: I came out to the Bay Area for the weekend from GA. I'll be heading to the South Bay tomorrow and wanted to know where is my best bet for seeing a Model 3 in person. This is high on my priority list, but don't have a ton of time to wander around. Is the Tesla factory parking lot open to the public? I've seen a ton of pictures from there but not sure how secure it is. Also, anyone see some around downtown Palo Alto ever? Just looking for any intel for where is best place for me to catch a glimpse.

Thanks!

2. neisner12

neisner12 Member

Factory lot is open since there's a supercharger there. I am not sure how likely you'll see a 3 around. In Palo Alto at HQ, you can often get in the lot on the weekends...but again, not sure there will be a 3 sitting around. But good luck!

3. stan23

stan23 Member

3 options.

1. Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont. The showroom/supercharging stations are open to the public. Roam around and maybe you'll get lucky.
    2. Go to the Tesla delivery center in Fremont. (note that this is a different location than the factory) Ask if there are any 3s available to see.
    3. Go to the Tesla showroom in Palo Alto. People have said there is an employee that works there with one.

• Like x 1
  4. ninefiveone

ninefiveone Member

Just hang about Tesla HQ. I don't think I've ever driven past the general area without seeing a 3 driving about.

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

I just saw one at Dublin SC but they moved it after I was snooping around it I think. Haha.

6. Ski_

Ski_ Enthusiast

This ^

7. robski

robski Member

I'd give somewhere around the factory a shot or even the factory itself. I see 2 - 3 daily within the 1/4 mile stretch between 880 and Milmont Dr, all within the few minutes I pass through there during my commute. Maybe some are working the weekends through "production hell" and you might get lucky.