Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV rebate fund topped up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where did you get this info?

Did anyone pick up your car this week? I
I emailed the BC ZEV program and got this response:

As you may be aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced the timing of the next provincial budget, which will now occur in April instead of a traditional February date. Unfortunately, this means funding decisions and confirmation of decisions, such as those related to the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program, will be delayed.

Please stay tuned for further announcements and updates on our website. Thank you for your continued support with the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program.

Thanks,

BC ZEV Programs team​

I emailed the BC ZEV program and got this response:

As you may be aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced the timing of the next provincial budget, which will now occur in April instead of a traditional February date. Unfortunately, this means funding decisions and confirmation of decisions, such as those related to the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program, will be delayed.

Please stay tuned for further announcements and updates on our website. Thank you for your continued support with the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program.

Thanks,

BC ZEV Programs team​

thank you so much for the info.
I haven’t heard back from Tesla about my delivery date

Hi firchuk,
I assume that you are also waiting for delivery.
Any news from Tesla?
Will you buy now if Tesla is unsure about the rebate? Tesla will not wait till April and take our My SR back
Yeah, my delivery got bumped from the 18th, and now I'm stuck waiting, with the rebate in limbo.
Supposed to hear back from Tesla today. Kind of on the fence as to what to do.
You in the same boat?

Yeah, my delivery got bumped from the 18th, and now I'm stuck waiting, with the rebate in limbo.
You in the same boat?

Same boat.
Actually, I ordered MYSR yesterday. Didn’t order earlier as I don’t need a new car till end of May.
I am willing to get it now if CEV rebate is still available.

I don’t think Tesla will wait till Q2

If you do go ahead, my understanding is that it isn't quite empty yet and you may still get it if you apply directly.
No guarantees but perhaps if it takes them awhile to refill it they will honor requests made after the point that it went dry.

If you do go ahead, my understanding is that it isn't quite empty yet and you may still get it if you apply directly.
No guarantees but perhaps if it takes them awhile to refill it they will honor requests made after the point that it went dry.
Yeah, I reached out to the ZEV again. Hoping for a little more clarity. If the SR wasn't disappearing it would be a no brainer to wait. Might pull the trigger regardless and just hope the rebate works out.

You in the same boat?

Our advisor has no update on CEV. We don't know what to do or expect now. Our original delivery date was Feb 14. We live in Victoria. Because of the heavy snow in the weekend of Feb 14, we postponed the delivery to Feb 21. Then this happened on Feb 20. The CEV fund does look very low,
upload_2021-2-23_14-40-15.png
. We don't know if Tesla would allow us to wait till after CEV top up to do the delivery.

Our advisor has no update on CEV. We don't know what to do or expect now. Our original delivery date was Feb 14. We live in Victoria. Because of the heavy snow in the weekend of Feb 14, we postponed the delivery to Feb 21. Then this happened on Feb 20. The CEV fund does look very low, View attachment 639349. We don't know if Tesla would allow us to wait till after CEV top up to do the delivery.

It's around 278 cars left. we don't know whether it's up to today or even last week..
Does Tesla allow you to pick up regardless of CEV? Or are they holding it off?

It's around 278 cars left. we don't know whether it's up to today or even last week..
Does Tesla allow you to pick up regardless of CEV? Or are they holding it off?
We can take delivery if we want to get it without the CEV. Tesla is not submitting manual application to CEV and would simply remove the $3000 rebate so we will have to pay the $3000 ourselves. Tesla also told us that we chose to to take delivery without CEV we won't be qualified for CEV if it CEV was topped up in the near future.

So the question for us is whether to pay the $3000 ourselves or wait.

We can take delivery if we want to get it without the CEV. Tesla is not submitting manual application to CEV and would simply remove the $3000 rebate so we will have to pay the $3000 ourselves. Tesla also told us that we chose to to take delivery without CEV we won't be qualified for CEV if it CEV was topped up in the near future.

Did Tesla say why they would not be doing manual submissions?
(And is it only dealerships that can apply for the rebate, or can the purchaser apply themselves?)

Got it.....
Mine is not ready for pick up so I basically have no alternate option.

Did Tesla say why they would not be doing manual submissions?
(And is it only dealerships that can apply for the rebate, or can the purchaser apply themselves?)
I don't know the exact reason. I was told that manual submission might not be approved. So I guess Tesla didn't want to submit manually and later had to trace us down for the $3000 because it was not approved. Much simpler for Tesla if they didn't do manual submission.

Last edited: