Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before rules are changed, enough notice should be given so that people can plan accordingly.

Flipside is people who had orders with $5k BC rebate and then the Fed rebate kicked in, bonus $5k @ May 1st.

Realistically people need to plan for not getting the rebate as it could run out and not be topped up. There's always a chance for that with any government programs and incentives in general. While it sucks, it's a fair way for more people to qualify for the rebate.

Agreed, they had to eventually change the amount or simply end the program once all the budgeted $ ran out. Can't please everyone

Reactions: phtp
My delivery agent just texted me that they just learned the government is going to honour the rebate for orders placed before June 22nd. My pickup is Wednesday but they have not adjusted my purchase agreement yet. Hopefully anyone that picked up last weekend gets adjusted.

Odd for them to say they "learned from the government"...Tesla clearly doesn't know what the rules are. Just like when they were only charging 12% tax (instead of 13%) in the beginning of May. If they reserved the funds before the announcement date, those buyers should be fine...but Tesla offers no visibility as to what their internal procedures are, so you have to rely on them to tell you what they've done and can do.

My delivery agent just texted me that they just learned the government is going to honour the rebate for orders placed before June 22nd. My pickup is Wednesday but they have not adjusted my purchase agreement yet. Hopefully anyone that picked up last weekend gets adjusted.

My pickup is this Friday and I haven't heard from Tesla yet but I just called CEV for BC and they did say orders taken before June 22 will qualify. Even Tesla's $3,200 deposit orders. Fingers crossed!

Hmm, the revised rules do say they will grandfather in sales before June 22nd now, their twitter just confirmed it and they've added this line:

Buyers who reserved their vehicles before June 22, 2019 (evidenced by either their dealers submitting an OEM Order application to the CEVforBC program to reserve their incentive prior to June 22, 2019, or by a vehicle order with deposit made before June 22, 2019) will be covered by the former incentives and rules, including the 90-day limit for reservations

I've emailed Tesla to confirm what will be done now as I just picked up yesterday. If anyone who already picked up hears anything let us know.

• Informative
Reactions: 9-Volt
No rebate means no EV in my case. With 8K still around just keeps me interested. Everyone has a different perspective.
You're right everyone has a different perspective. If 8-10k isn't enough incentive for you then I don't think it ever would be. Some of us paid more for the Model 3 last year and have no regrets getting it with everything it has to offer.

Odd for them to say they "learned from the government"...Tesla clearly doesn't know what the rules are. Just like when they were only charging 12% tax (instead of 13%) in the beginning of May. If they reserved the funds before the announcement date, those buyers should be fine...but Tesla offers no visibility as to what their internal procedures are, so you have to rely on them to tell you what they've done and can do.

CEV announced this today "Based on feedback heard, customers who purchased or reserved ZEVs under the pre-June 22nd rules will be grandfathered based on specific criteria (application documents&proof of deposit, vehicle tracking number and/or purchase order). Visit http://www.cevforbc.ca for rules."

https://twitter.com/CEVforBC/status/114325487888761241

• Informative
Reactions: 9-Volt
CEV announced this today "Based on feedback heard, customers who purchased or reserved ZEVs under the pre-June 22nd rules will be grandfathered based on specific criteria (application documents&proof of deposit, vehicle tracking number and/or purchase order)."

I'll have to eat crow on this one! As I say, I would never called that outcome in a million years!! Kudos to you guys who engaged in the campaign of terror!!!

Reactions: phtp
https://mobile.twitter.
I was surprised too. Would never think they would do something like that, but I guess they received enough complaints.

I'm glad that I contacted them. I guess complaining to the government can work sometimes.

I feel bad for the Tesla employees who had to deal with this grenade. I wonder whether the people who cancelled their orders can still get the incentives.

Crap... I was afraid of this happening.

I took delivery on the 22nd. Now, where/who do I go after to get that $2000 back?

I've emailed Tesla asking what will happen and how to get the 2000. CEVforBC confirmed I am eligible to claim it but the dealer is the only one who can apply, so we are 100% relying on Tesla to file the application for the correct amount, which I'm sure they will... but getting that 2000 back to me is the challenge. Nobody is responding to my calls, emails so far. I have a bad feeling nobody is going to help with this situation.

My awesome DA (based in Ontario) confirmed Tesla Vancouver is figuring this out.

6EB1815A-676B-4EBA-926B-F66D7B5481E3.jpeg