Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is more like emotional state instead of points, I see lots of people in this post starts feeling uneasy with the CEV incentive dried up. Which states are you falling into? Are you those one that bought the car before May 1st, or those one that is waiting to deliver the car?

An emotional decision for me, have been waiting for nearly 3 years to get the car that I can justifiably afford. I'm happily taking a 19 year old polluting BMW off the road, the incentives are key in my decision to do so. Will probably buy anyway if no BC incentive but have a couple of weeks before planned delivery to decide..

so I called Tesla West 4th in Vancouver, and the sales rep said Tesla Vancouver will delay the scheduled delivery date until the BC incentive funds are topped up. (The money is in the 2019 budget, so we have the money.. just need a little time to top up the funds)

Scheduled delivery date is auto-generated so it’s not the exact date Tesla would contact you to pick up your car.

so I called Tesla West 4th in Vancouver, and the sales rep said Tesla Vancouver will delay the scheduled delivery date until the BC incentive funds are topped up. (The money is in the 2019 budget, so we have the money.. just need a little time to top up the funds)

Scheduled delivery date is auto-generated so it’s not the exact date Tesla would contact you to pick up your car.

Huuuuuge relief to hear that

No doubt Tesla looked at the number of orders since the federal program came into effect, and decided that there could potentially be significant cancellations with no BC incentive..

No doubt Tesla looked at the number of orders since the federal program came into effect, and decided that there could potentially be significant cancellations with no BC incentive..

Is your SR+ got VIN # assigned yet? If there is VIN # being assigned then can't get refund and that will further complicates things. I think the CEV BC incentive top up should coming in soon anyways, it is just matter of days or weeks but it will come.

Is your SR+ got VIN # assigned yet? If there is VIN # being assigned then can't get refund and that will further complicates things. I think the CEV BC incentive top up should coming in soon anyways, it is just matter of days or weeks but it will come.

No VIN as yet, however delivery appointment is scheduled May 29. "Elon Time". Agree on the top up, however that money will go quick as well then who knows, 27 million could quite conceivably could be gone by mid summer..

{Today, February 3rd 2017, the Province of BC announced $40 million to support clean energy vehicles, directed towards projects to support electric and hydrogen vehicle purchasing, charging/fuelling, and outreach. $27 million has been allocated toward the CEVforBC program to ensure the continuation of the $5,000 off new EV purchases. How the remaining $13 million will be spent has not been finalized, but will encompass fast charging, multi-unit residential, and workplace charging, as well as outreach efforts.}

I don't get the reserved fund. You can get the $5K before you do a full payment?! So dealerships can apply on just a hold?

It really should be on final sales.
The reserve funds are for cars on order or funds that have been applied at time of purchase but not reimbursed to the dealer. Tesla will only apply the rebate at time of vehicle delivery (pickup). The only relevant figure is incentive funds available (currently $628.00).

It's odd, if you try to get a Leaf or any other electric car, their are impossible to find. Where are the sales going?!
I think someone said something upthread about dealers booking the rebates when they take a reservation. If that’s the case there’s going to be a big backlog of Konas and Leafs and Souls etc. Some of those reservations might get abandoned if the time limit passes. I know Kia / Hyundai are having battery production slowdowns. Apparently the first batch of Niros for the US was a grand total of 40 vehicles...

I think someone said something upthread about dealers booking the rebates when they take a reservation. If that’s the case there’s going to be a big backlog of Konas and Leafs and Souls etc. Some of those reservations might get abandoned if the time limit passes. I know Kia / Hyundai are having battery production slowdowns. Apparently the first batch of Niros for the US was a grand total of 40 vehicles...
There’s an inventory shortage for most manufacturers right now. We inquired about purchasing a Kona EV and they said 1-2 months for ultimate, 1-2 weeks for preferred. Likely it will turn out the same as when the federal rebate was announced... slow and waves of rush depending on inventory becoming available.

HI Folks, I am a huge fan of Tesla, own stock, and was excited to get my blue with white interior PM3 today. Not sure I should complain much as perhaps others are in worse shape than me over this, but here goes, you tell me if I have a right to be upset:

So I get my VIN, 2 days ago, and I am scheduled to pick up my car TODAY at 1pm. I took two days off work in preparation. I got bank draft ready yesterday and started paying interest immediately yesterday. Background: I orderd first week in March. I already waited 2 months and one week for my PM3 when it supposedly takes about 2-3 weeks (they did offer me a black P3D within the 2-week time frame but I ordered blue with white interior, so I said "no, how long for what I ordered?" THey said another couple weeks tops.) 2 months later I finally get my VIN and was super excited last night........but they called at 6pm last night before pick up today and said the BC tax money will run out for SOME BUT NOT ALL 40 of todays deliveries and as such ALL are cancelled. They say another week to see if the money gets topped up or not. Unbelieveable?

HI Folks, I am a huge fan of Tesla, own stock, and was excited to get my blue with white interior PM3 today. Not sure I should complain much as perhaps others are in worse shape than me over this, but here goes, you tell me if I have a right to be upset:

So I get my VIN, 2 days ago, and I am scheduled to pick up my car TODAY at 1pm. I took two days off work in preparation. I got bank draft ready yesterday and started paying interest immediately yesterday. Background: I orderd first week in March. I already waited 2 months and one week for my PM3 when it supposedly takes about 2-3 weeks (they did offer me a black P3D within the 2-week time frame but I ordered blue with white interior, so I said "no, how long for what I ordered?" THey said another couple weeks tops.) 2 months later I finally get my VIN and was super excited last night........but they called at 6pm last night before pick up today and said the BC tax money will run out for SOME BUT NOT ALL 40 of todays deliveries and as such ALL are cancelled. They say another week to see if the money gets topped up or not. Unbelieveable?
I mean their delivery process is awful, so I do think you have a right to complain about that. Somehow buying used cars at auction sight unseen was less stressful for me. Not to mention quicker. Anyhow, in this particular case I think they did you a favor unless you fancy wasting $5000. Sounds like you've had a hell of a wait already, so unless you're extremely rich, I think a few days delay is worth potentially saving 5k. The fund is now replenished for the time being, so you should be good to go in the next few days. Enjoy your tesla!

I mean their delivery process is awful, so I do think you have a right to complain about that. Somehow buying used cars at auction sight unseen was less stressful for me. Not to mention quicker. Anyhow, in this particular case I think they did you a favor unless you fancy wasting $5000. Sounds like you've had a hell of a wait already, so unless you're extremely rich, I think a few days delay is worth potentially saving 5k. The fund is now replenished for the time being, so you should be good to go in the next few days. Enjoy your tesla!

At least they do take care of the $5000 incentive for you. For a bunch of SR+ deliveries in Vancouver between March and April they got zero Federal Incentives, I personally know a few of them and we all feel miserable

Reactions: AdamMacDon