Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what's more frustrating is that tesla won't reserve funds for customers, leaving us hanging :(

This x10000! The Tesla DA was going to tell me my vin then when she realized that I knew that since the funds havent run out yet and they could have applied by now, she backtracked and said she didn't have my vin. CYA mode.

You can actually email cevforbc with your vin to enquire if funds have been reserved for you. Lol.. Mike at cevforbc is going to hate me when people read this.

It’s a stressful situation for everyone unfortunately. Tesla DA staff are probably jumping from call to call for 8 hours straight.. I wouldn’t want to be them either.

I just want to see that fund top up and stop thinking about this. I guess that’s what I get for optimizing everything waiting for that double credit..

This x10000! The Tesla DA was going to tell me my vin then when she realized that I knew that since the funds havent run out yet and they could have applied by now, she backtracked and said she didn't have my vin. CYA mode.

You can actually email cevforbc with your vin to enquire if funds have been reserved for you. Lol.. Mike at cevforbc is going to hate me when people read this.

It’s a stressful situation for everyone unfortunately. Tesla DA staff are probably jumping from call to call for 8 hours straight.. I wouldn’t want to be them either.

I just want to see that fund top up and stop thinking about this. I guess that’s what I get for optimizing everything waiting for that double credit..

I have a feeling they will top if off again just like last time. Don't worry about it, at least you are not those buyers that bought the car at March of this year.

Maybe leave the environment minister out of it because they have nothing to do with the CEV funding. Sure the environment is the reason for all this but I assure you the ministry of energy and mines is the one that is in charge of this program.

I understand your point generally, but in this instance Heyman has been active in promoting EVs and CEVforBC as the Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.

George Heyman on Twitter

CEV For BC on Twitter

He might actually appreciate being copied and as a member of cabinet, be able to help in the push to get the money flowing.

Reactions: BEPA400
Let's see what's come up tomorrow. This does goes a lot quicker than i thought
628.PNG

Important Notice
Due to overwhelming demand, available program funds have been exhausted for the time being and applications are no longer being accepted. Any applications sent in are not guaranteed to be paid. Stay tuned for further updates on the CEVforBC website.

We're in the end game now ;)

For the people that bought Model 3 before Federal Incentive kicks in on May 1st: Suck it up, that's too bad for the BC incentive is used up, I don't get the $5000 incentive from federal government anyways
For the people that is going to deliver the car within the next few days: Please god help me out on this! I will vote green party/NDP if i can get this $5000 provincial incentive with my model 3!
For the people that doesn't buy any EV: Oh god there are $42 millions allocate to these EVs in 2019-2020? what a waste of taxpayer's money

For the people that bought Model 3 before Federal Incentive kicks in on May 1st: Suck it up, that's too bad for the BC incentive is used up, I don't get the $5000 incentive from federal government anyways
For the people that is going to deliver the car within the next few days: Please god help me out on this! I will vote green party/NDP if i can get this $5000 provincial incentive with my model 3!
For the people that doesn't buy any EV: Oh god there are $42 millions allocate to these EVs in 2019-2020? what a waste of taxpayer's money

I'm trying to grasp your point, are EV incentives a waste of taxpayers money or a worthwhile expenditure?

I'm trying to grasp your point, are EV incentives a waste of taxpayers money or a worthwhile expenditure?

That is more like emotional state instead of points, I see lots of people in this post starts feeling uneasy with the CEV incentive dried up. Which states are you falling into? Are you those one that bought the car before May 1st, or those one that is waiting to deliver the car?

CEVforBC Program Funds Update May 15
May 16, 2019

As the available funds for the CEVforBC program have been drawn down, we are no longer accepting applications at the current time.

For any questions regarding your submitted claim, you are welcome to contact our CEVforBC Team at: [email protected]
Or call for assistance: 604-214-9964 (Local 226).

We have been advised by government not to expect a gap in funding and anticipate further funds to be added shortly, as committed in the BC Provincial Budget 2019.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while government tops up the fund.

For those dealerships who have already submitted claims, these will be paid out from the ‘Reserved Funds’ in a first come, first serve basis in order of received applications.

Reactions: LazyBeagle
CEVforBC Program Funds Update May 15
May 16, 2019

As the available funds for the CEVforBC program have been drawn down, we are no longer accepting applications at the current time.

For any questions regarding your submitted claim, you are welcome to contact our CEVforBC Team at: [email protected]
Or call for assistance: 604-214-9964 (Local 226).

We have been advised by government not to expect a gap in funding and anticipate further funds to be added shortly, as committed in the BC Provincial Budget 2019.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while government tops up the fund.

For those dealerships who have already submitted claims, these will be paid out from the ‘Reserved Funds’ in a first come, first serve basis in order of received applications.

I tried to search cev site for info. Nothing. Where is your source for the news update?

They're not accepting application but later in the article, it mentioned fund will be added shortly?

So, is CEV gonna be replenished or not?
It's pretty clear in the text "We have been advised by government not to expect a gap in funding and anticipate further funds to be added shortly, as committed in the BC Provincial Budget 2019."

I would be surprised if the fund isn't topped up within a few days time.

Reactions: LazyBeagle