TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BC Owners Club

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nleggatt, Dec 2, 2013.

1. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

Hi everyone, Just a note that we are in the works of setting up a BC Tesla Owners Group/Club. The parties (meetings just sounds so boring) will be on the last Thursday of every month starting January 30th at 7pm. We've been fortunate to secure the Service Center as our location and have some exciting things in store this year that will rival every other owners club out there... :) Yes that is a formal challenge.

To kick the group off I will be working through a "Ask Why" process to ensure this isn't just another item to add to the calendar. We want there to be a purpose and keep the events fresh and valuable so that it continues to be something you want to attend and want to bring your friends to.

2. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Sounds great! Is it only for owners or are other interested persoons also allowed in the group?

3. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

This is really great! I had a good time at the Cars & Coffee event yesterday, and I hope this BC Club will be just as fun. It was awesome to see so many S's on the streets, and meet some of you guys. And thanks Tesla Vancouver for offering the SC. :)

4. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Please count me in. I don't get mine until late Feb so hopefully I will be able to drive it to the second meeting. At that time, I will need any excuse I can find to go for a drive and this sounds like a great one!

5. nleggatt

nleggatt Member

The group will be open to everyone, owners or not. I'm fact it's encouraged to use the opportunity to educate and include non owners too.

6. nightau

nightau Member

picked up my MS 2 days ago at the Vancouver SC. Robin Peterson (owner advisor) there said she's sending out emails to owners about this BC Owners Club. I told her, yeah I knew about this from the forums, and remembered her name being mentioned here and there. She was super excited! haha

Too bad I can't make it to the first meeting...

7. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I recal during the December event that it was agreed we'd meet the last Thursday of the month. That is one week away.... Is there angthing going on?

8. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I'll have to be there in spirit only most of the time, since Elon hasn't come through with the OTA update turning my car into the James Bond Elite submarine yet. But you never know, timing may align when I'm already in Vancouver on one of those Thursdays; it would be great to meet some more Vancouver owners. Have fun!

9. visagrunt

visagrunt Member

Had to miss the January meeting because of a show; had to miss the February meeting because I'm out of the country. But the March meeting will come two days before my delivery, so I will definitely make the effort!!

10. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Hey guys,
    I think we need to organize this on our own. Anyone interested in getting this last Thursday of the month thing rolling starting April 24th? Even a pub for a small group for exchanging dinner stories or whatnot. Any suggested locations?

11. visagrunt

visagrunt Member

I should be available on the 24th--I have pretty regular Thursday commitments from now until mid-August, but that date happens to be one I can duck.

12. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Is there really only 2 of us interested? Out of the 300 or so cars in the province? Wow.

13. KenN

KenN Member

Oh, I'm interested for sure, but I can't commit to being available as our 2 1/2 year old kid can sometimes be a handful! I'm keeping the date open otherwise.

14. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I'm interested but won't take the ferry across just for that. If there was a bridge... I'm hoping timing will merge at some future date when we happen to already be in Vancouver.

15. PoweredByRain

PoweredByRain Member

Ditto.

16. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Yes, That is completely understandable. Sounds like the beginning of a Vancouver Island club! :)

17. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Having just finished that phase myself, I totally understand.